“Drurys Came Through Again”

Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Dallas
“Drurys Came Through Again”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My daughter, dog and I needed a place to stay. We were on our way home from a road trip to south Florida visiting my aunt and seeing the back roads of Florida. We had stayed in lower cost hotels the previous 4 stays so I wanted a little nicer one. Many do not take pets. I was sure there were no Drury Inns here but wow there it was. I can always count on Drury Inn to be good. The service was good, room good, food good and free. The price was under $100 which is good for the quality.

Room Tip: Not all brand hotels can be counted on for quality but Drury has not let me down. Also try Pear Tree...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank leroys73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dallas Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Our family stayed here our third time as we traveled through the area. We cannot say enough nice things about this hotel and all the staff here. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and seem so happy! They keep this hotel so clean and inviting. Our room was spotless as always and so comfy! We had plenty of space in out 2 room suite and enjoyed the convenience large frig and the microwave in our room.
Another reason we always come back here is the complimentary evening drinks and snacks and the delicious hot breakfast we always enjoy here. The staff in the lounge area are so attentive and friendly. They make us feel so welcomed and cared for. We will stay here again next time we are in the area!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 223 which is far from the elevators, very quiet and had 2 queen beds in the bedroo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Ireland
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Currently staying there.
Rooms are comfortable but a little dated.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Breakfast included in rate. A little basic but plentiful.
Evening time hot food and complimentary drinks included.
Overall well satisfied.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was the first time I stayed at a Drury Hotel. What an awesome chain of hotels.
If you are used to getting nickel and dimed by the big hotel chains, fear not! The Drury is a friendly, clean and gracious place to stay.
Free breakfast with a waffle machine makes anyone happy. The location is right next to the highway, so it is very useful if you are traveling by.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DiegoDr
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here just for one night whilst travelling the Deep South, the Hotel was lovely I stayed in a Suite which was really nice, it had two TV's a kitchen area with fridge and microwave, a lovely bathroom.
The staff were great and nothing was too much bother. the receptionist that was on duty was so friendly and hospitable.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, great value for money, great rooms, good choices for breakfast and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: I am not sure on this one as all the group I was travelling with had different rooms but stated they...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Drury Inn in Lafayette on the way home from the LSU vs Auburn game. The front desk staff as well as the dining area staff were very friendly and welcoming. The lobby area was very nice. Our room was probably the cleanest hotel room i have ever stayed in. The room itself was roomy, comfortable and had a recliner in it which was great! The shower was very good. And finally, the bed was wonderful. When we walked in, I noticed right away that there were five pillows on the bed with varied firmness/softness. They were so comfy. The mattress was perfect and we both slept great that night. In fact, my husband said he hadn't slept that good in a while! We chose to walk right next door to Cracker Barrell for breakfast but I did go peek at the breakfast foods that were out at the hotel. Everything looked great...especially the breakfast potatoes! And the little lady that was working greeted us with a sweet smile and a very welcoming hello. The kind that makes you glad you live in Louisiana! The one and only thing that I could mention about this hotel that is a possible negative is that you do hear the noise from the interstate. However, we set the fan on the AC unit to "on" instead of "auto" so that it would stay on all night. Although it did not drowned out the noise completely, it was enough so that it did not interrupt our sleep. I definitely recommend the Drury and will stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sherrie1970
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Pool was outside and a little dirty with leaves, and dirt on bottom, sugar ants in room (which staff took care of immediately, food snacks and drinks were excellent. Would I stay here again....in a heartbeat. The staff made our stay a fun one!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family