“Fun Place to Stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was my first time to stay at the Drury Inn & Suites in Lafayette. The front desk workers were incredibly nice. The downstairs area is nice and has plenty of seating. From 5:30-7:00 every night, there's a free happy hour where you receive a card good for three free drinks (wine or Bud Light). There's also free pretzels, hot dogs, chicken fingers, popcorn, and other snack food. A very nice touch! The room was fine. Exactly what you'd expect from a hotel chain. It is VERY close to I-10, so there was some traffic noise, but the fan from the air conditioner drowned it out. My only complaint about the room was that there was a long single strand of hair in the bathtub. The entire hotel also has free Wi-Fi. Some other amenities that I did not take advantage of: a surprisingly nice swimming pool/hot tub, a very poor workout room (I believe it was just two treadmills), and a business center. Great value. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I would have given this hotel a higher rating if not for housekeeping...here is the positive side:
close to I-10, felt safe here, staff friendly, clean, Cracker Barrel next door, breakfast & manager's reception very good food and a lot of it, nice eating area; the hotel was crowded so not a true stay evaluation..but pool crowded & small, nice deep hot tub, housekeeping has an attitude & beat on door like a police raid despite "do not disturb" sign & tried to open door...I had a late checkout & was sound asleep...not good...when will hotels learn not to let housekeeping treat guests like intruders..it ruins any other goodwill..still, probly the only place to stay in Lafayette for around $100 that is this good & safe & convenient to CajunDome & downtown..I wld stay again if I was there

Room Tip: rooms facing parking lot are noisy; put the chain on the door..housekeeping will try to enter; rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

OK!!, I have to be fair some of the Staff are pleasant ,but when you spend more than 2 days and this location ,then you see that the way they provide cleaning service is not what you paying for ,not just only that when I asked at the front desk if my room could be vacuum at least, since all they did is made the bed and remove trash the Housekeeper show up at my door and giving me almost attitude because I asked her to do so!! also the gym the laundry are pretty much below poor cleanliness is well, as a constructive criticism ,most of their stay need a big improvement in Customer Service Skills .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I sincerely apologize for the cleaning issues you experienced at our hotel, and for the attitude you received from our housekeeping staff. Our team takes pride in our friendly and welcoming service. And our goal is to provide a clean and comfortable stay for every guest. Your comments will help us address these issues with our team so we can improve our service and make sure that this doesn’t happen in the future.

We truly appreciate your business, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs and deliver an outstanding guest experience.

Joseph B.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with children! Pet friendly with easy access to grassy areas. There was a free evening buffet being served as we checked in and a great breakfast buffet in the morning. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way from Denton to New Orleans. The location is very good and the hotel is excellent. The reception is pretty and open; food and an almost full bar is complementary from 5:30-7:00 nightly. The night we were there, here is what was available: hotdogs, baked potatoes, salad, nachos, meat balls, penne pasta in marinara sauce, popcorn . . . plenty of choices for a light meal. Drinks were beer, margaritas, martinis, and several other fruity drinks . . . soft drinks for the kids.

In the morning, a nice assortment of breakfast items were available . . . scrambled eggs, sausage patties, gravy, biscuits, toast, muffins, pastry, yogurt, waffels, cereals, and juices.

We had room 312, a large room with two queen (comfy) beds, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee service, free wifi, big TV with plenty of channels. The sink and dressing table was outside of the bathroom, which is always a plus when you have four in a room! The hotel is spotlessly clean and appears to be new. There was a large pool which the kids enjoyed and we enjoyed sitting in the shade with our drinks. ☺

We found nothing to complain about, everything was very good and all employees were friendly. What more can you want!

Sandy (in Denton)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank behrens1
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were having an overnighter in Lafayette, and checked out reviews before selecting a hotel. After seeing so many positive reviews, we decided on The Drury Inn and Suites. We arrived about an hour early, and since our room was not ready, the young lady at the desk (Taylor) offered us some fresh popcorn. We thanked her, but did not take any at that time. Another lady (Shari Weber, the General Manager) asked if we were waiting for a room. When we said yes, she offered us some homemade ice cream that she had made for her team (made by HER using fresh ingredients). It was delicious. The rooms were clean and fresh and the entire atmosphere of the hotel was positive and friendly.

Although there were several traveling baseball teams and their families as guests, everyone was respectful and despite there being so much energy and excitement from the kids and their families, they were not loud or unruly. Everyone was simply having fun. Their happiness was contagious.

I did read some reviews saying the walls were paper thin; however, the walls felt solid to us (yes, we checked), and despite the hotel being totally booked, we could not hear any noise coming from other rooms.

There is a Kickback (Happy Hour) from 5:30 - 7 pm where each guest over 21 gets a voucher for three free adult beverages. There is also what the hotel refers to as a "hot snack," but is so filling that it served as supper. In fact, we opted out of breakfast the next morning.

Overall, everyone was friendly, the atmosphere was very pleasant, and the food was great.

This is an excellent choice is you are looking for a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cajunfly4
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am not sure if it is in the water, the food, the air or all of the above, but this was absolutely the b est hotel I have ever stayed at within the United States. The staff was exactly what a person in the south should expect. Courteous, happy, sincere, genuine, caring, helpful, knowledgeable and very friendly. Absolutely the best hotel in the chain! I will definitely stay here again if I return to the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business