“Would not go back!”

Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 24 September 2007

End of August, 2007

Arrived late, tired from being on the road all day. Got settled, went to get into bed and sheets were stained and had hairs (curly) on them. I always strip off the bedspread and blanket. So now I had to strip the sheets off and found that the mattress cover was disgusting! Was too tired to pack up and ask for another room. Asked for some fresh sheets – front desk clerk brought me some -- luckily there were some clean ones that fit the bed – some were for a hide-a-bed, so I guess he was covering his bases at least. I made the bed but used the top sheet as a sleeping bag. The whole experience made me wonder how clean the room really was and I kept my shoes on when walking around the room.

In the morning went to get in the bath for a shower and the tub was dirty and had hairs in it. It seems that the Housekeeper was either cutting corners, or genuinely got halfway through the room and didn’t finish.

On the plus side the complimentary breakfast downstairs was a nice surprise. They had quite a variety of hot items and fruit, bagels, muffins etc. – your typical continental breakfast fare.

Upon checking out I did explain my experience to the front desk clerk on duty, and she apologized and removed the cost of the room from my credit card.

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank touristfromTexas

Reviewed 24 August 2007

We stayed at the Drury Inn 8/17/07-8/19/07 & it was GREAT!!! We were in town to help my sister get situated for college, (Go U.L.L.) & we had a reservation at Days Inn. IT SUCKED!! So we cancelled that reservation & stumbled upon Drury Inn. The staff was very nice. We had free cocktais & snacks. They also had a full breakfast bar. The rooms were very Clean & Neat. The pool & jacuzzi were awesome. We loved it!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2006

We were given a free upgrade to a suite. We were very pleased with our stay. We have now booked at another Drury in Austin, TX.

Check out the Zydeco Saturday breakfast in Breaux Bridge at Cafe du Amis. (I'm not sure about the spelling.) Have you ever seen dancing and live music during breakfast?!!

Stayed: December 2006
Reviewed 28 November 2006

This Drury is fairly new and that's always a plus with hotels. Room was spacious and very clean, with recliner for my husband to watch the last of Sat. night college football. Very comfortable beds, but pillows were a little skimpy. We called the desk and retrieved a couple more - no problem.

Nice divided bathroom area, so shower steam stays OUT of lavatory area, where I am trying to dry my hair and apply makeup! Granite countertops, modern towel bars and curved shower rods, but very limited toiletries(two soaps and a shampoo), which we don't use anyhow. We had great shower water pressure and lots of hot water.

Small microwave and fridge in room was handy for chilling next day's cooler beverages. I-10 noise not a problem, as I turned the wall thermostat to "fan ON" instead of "fan Auto". With option to set thermostat temp, everyone stayed comfortable all night long.

Drury has nice complementary evening snacks & drinks, and hot breakfast. I think Drury leads the pack of limited service hotels in this category. The adults in our party had a few beers, margaritas and wine, with chips, salsa, cheese sauce, chili, hot dogs, salad, and salty snacks like chex mix and gold fish offered on the snack bar. I made a taco salad out of the 'fixins' and ate dinner there, as did others in my party, while my Dad and one DS went next door to Cracker Barrel. (Note: We always say we're going to go eat at one of the famous Lafayette Cajun dining & dancin' restaurants, but we're always so dog-tired from our drive we settle for something quick!!)

For breakfast the usual donuts, danish, bagels, toast, cereal, milk, coffee, juice, yogurt but also belgian waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, with all the condiments. A nice way to start a long day of driving. Definitely will stay here again for stopover on annual Thanksgiving trip to TX.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank AUTigers
Reviewed 16 October 2006

I spent (2) nights at the Lafayette Drury Inn & Suites while in town for business, 9/24-9/26/2006

Location: Good location off I-10 exit 101, just south of freeway. Hotel is right on service road near freeway but I didn't notice a lot of road noise. Possibly because most (all?) rooms face either east or west.

Room: Comfortable. King bed, nice reclining chair, wired high speed internet access, tv with lots of channels...very comparable to other hotels (i.e. Courtyard, Hampton) that are heavily tailored to business travel. A/C was controlled by wall thermostat.

Bathroom: As the hotel was full and I checked in fairly late (approx. 10PM), I ended up in one of the handicap rooms. Ordinarily this isn't a problem but the hotel has gone out of its way to modify some of its rooms and my room had a roll-in shower. This is probably wonderful for someone in a wheelchair but I found it a little annoying as water went.....everywhere. I also found the amenities to be very light - one bar of soap and a shampoo. Not quite what I have in mind for $109/night.

Other perks: All Drury hotels offer 60 free minutes of US long distance with each room night.

Breakfast: I stuck with cereal (Golden Grahams) but they had lots of hot items. Didn't get a chance to try to the dinner-time drinks and snacks.

Parking: Plenty. I got in at 10PM my first night and around 1:30AM my second. I never had a problem finding a spot.

Intangibles: Check in was fast for me and the front desk staff was consistently friendly. However, one of my co-workers attempted to check in around 1:30AM the night after I checked in and the front desk told her that they couldn't do this until they completed "an audit." While they were able to give her access to her room, she had to return at around 2:30AM to complete the paperwork. This is unacceptable - when someone shows up at 1:30AM, they want to check in and go to bed. They shouldn't be required to wait, at this late hour, for the front desk to accomodate them.

Overall my experience at Drury Lafayette was favorable. I'd probably stay at this hotel again although for the same price, I'd probably go with the Hilton Garden Inn Cajundome instead. The rooms are a little more plush and the indoor pool is very nice.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank edleo13
A TripAdvisor Member
Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2006

Had to make a quick overnight trip to Lafayette for my granddaughter's birthday party. We booked a room at Drury Inn based upon the rating it got here on Tripadvisor. I was very pleased. The suite we had was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The hot breakfast the next morning was a welcome break from the continental breakfasts at other hotels. They did not put out a lot of each item but they keep it replenished which meant it was fresh and had not been sitting for a long period of time. I will definitely stay at this Drury Inn again on my next visit to Lafayette and will look into other Drury Inns in my travels elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 July 2006

I've stayed at the Drury Inn in Atlanta before and stayed at the Drury in Lafayette because of those positive experiences and this location did not let me down. The front desk staff was efficient and courteous, the room was clean and well appointed, the breakfast was very nice, and the security staff was especially helpful. This property advertises that it goes beyond the basic continental breakfast and it lives up to the promotion. The food area was clean and well laid out with a nice selection of items. At some hotels the seating area is so limited that I will skip their free breakfast but here there was plenty of seating. After the pool closed my son realized that he had left some items in the pool area. I went to the front desk and they got the security guard to open the pool and let me retrieve those items. Both the desk clerk and the security guard were very respectful toward me in taking care of this small matter.

If I am in Lafayette again I would certainly stay at the Drury Inn and I highly recommend this property to other travelers.

2  Thank Etowah Eagle