“Un-assuming Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tsunami Sushi

Tsunami Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Tsunami Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 564 Restaurants in Lafayette
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Garfield
Description: Tsunami is Lafayette's culinary escape. It opened in 2000 in the historic downtown arts and entertainment district. It fancies itself as the hippest eatery in the 337. LA flare with southern care!
Cat Spring, Texas
“Un-assuming Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Date night and could not have picked a better place!! Tip would be to get a reservation!! but sitting at the Sushi Bar was a treat as the service could not have been better. Great selection and filled up on some of the best Sushi around. Very good menu to cover all that might be in your party whom are not Sushi eaters but can get just about all that is offered. Nice to have the option. Again the service and wait staff very attentative, the deco is outstanding and just a note it can get pretty loud.
We will be back.

• Visited February 2014

Ireland
“Oasis in Louisiana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stumbled upon Tsunami in Lafayette on Wednesday when all the Mardi Gras had ended. It was top class, food, wine, atmosphere and good value. I had their twist on deep-fried oysters, which were great, as they are all over LA. The entrée was the best I had in LA, it was the Tsunami TsuTakka, a tower of spicy tuna, snow crab, sticky rice, yuzu, avocado, bonito and sambal sesame soy. We had a house Pinot Grigio. Simply the best.

• Visited March 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Wonderful surprise and top service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

What a delight. On my one night in Lafayette i landed in this restaurant being a big fan of Rolls and original signature dishes. To my surprise the food was outstanding. Probably one of the best i had anywhere. The quality is fantastic and could beat many top japanese fashion restaurant on many standards. The service was top, the crowd fun and nice, the bar scene is nice too.

Outstanding !

• Visited February 2014
“LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Best sushi in Lafayette. You HAVE to order the Green Monster. The Dynamite is excellent. We always sit at the sushi bar. Every time we travel to Lafayette, (monthly) we go to Tsunami. Don't know about the drinks, because we always order Sake. Great wait staff. Great service.

• Visited June 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“If you want a drink, youre at the right place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stopped in at Tsunami because it seemed like a very upstanding place and was told multiple times, by "non fish sushi eaters" that the sushi was great.. I walked in and sat at the bar and ordered a dirty martini. It came out in a timely manner and was quite delicous. The sushi I ordered shortly after also came out in a timely manner. I ordered a couple of rainbow rolls. The rolls were boring and skimpy on fish. The fish seemed slightly dry, and the "krab" stuffed inside of it....(which was all that was inside) was extremely dry.. I paid good money for a skimpy dry frish roll. It was horrible. I noticed everyone around me were mainly eating crawfish rolls and aligator rolls.. Wouldnt really consider those sushi.. Couldnt really tell if anyone elses fish looked as bad as mine. I took it with a grain of salt, diddnt finish my food and paid my tab. The drink was good. I would rate the sushi quality/selection a 2/10. If you want good sushi, I suggest Sakura on Johnston.. The scooby doo roll is the best in my opinion. Was happy I finally gave Tsunami a shot, so I can turn people away from there for good sushi. I def. dont suggest it.

• Visited April 2013