“Good Food Great Atmosphere”
Review of DON'S Seafood

DON'S Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
DON'S Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 576 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: DON'S SEAFOOD More Than Eighty Years of Exceptional Seafood South Louisiana locals and visitors have been drawn to DON'S authentic Cajun cuisine for more than 80 years. Menu selections including traditional Landry family recipes, and more recent original creations like Zydeco Shrimp, are well worth repeat visits. Many stop in daily for oysters on the half shell or boiled crawfish in season. DON'S bartenders serve Signature Old Fashioned cocktails alongside the newest specialty drinks, many made with Louisiana products. DON'S SEAFOOD began in 1934, when Don Landry opened his first restaurant and bar in downtown Lafayette with $400 borrowed from his uncle. Prohibition had just been lifted and at only 24 years old, he envisioned serving drinks and offering a simple menu featuring fresh local seafood. Four generations later, the Landry family has expanded that humble beginning into what would eventually become the DON'S SEAFOOD of today. Continuing the tradition, the Landry family still owns and operates each location. An extensive menu of original South Louisiana Cajun family recipes, the freshest Gulf seafood and sizzling steaks is offered. Each location boasts a unique Acadiana-inspired décor, all have a full-service bar and grill, perfect for casual diners or sports enthusiasts. Every DON'S SEAFOOD grill features an open charbroiler where diners can watch exclusive dishes being prepared like DON'S Original Jacked Up Oysters loaded with bacon, jalapenos and pepper jack cheese. Whether you're just passing through South Louisiana or live right around the corner, you'll find a DON'S SEAFOOD location near you in Lafayette, Denham Springs, Gonzales, Hammond, Covington and Metairie.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went during oyster season and they were having a special; 50 cents each. They were very large and salty. We also shared an appetizer - fried crab claws. We were served such a large appetizer we didn't even order an entra.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We were looking for a place to eat in Lafayette and our GPS guided us to something that looked like a fast food restaurant. I wasn't amused but when turning around I saw Don't Seafood Hut.
It was packed with people and we decided to give it a try.
The have lots of delicious dishes when you are a seafood lover. I am not but I eat fish filet. The catch of the days was Tuna so I ordered a Tuna steak.
It was perfectly friend, the taste was unforgettable. My friend was having seafood pasta and loved it and it was the first time in my three weeks holidays that I was so happy about the food that I ordered a dessert.
Yummi!
The price for value was great either, so if anyone is close by, make sure you go there.
Last but not least. The staff: Extremely friendly!!!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Supposedly, when you go to Lafayette, you need to try Don's Seafood Hut. By the look of the exterior of the restaurant, I didn't feel like it, but my friend insisted. It was a Lafayette experience not to be missed. Well, I would have liked to miss it, because I didn't enjoy the food at all. It was eatable, but barely.

1  Thank Jojobiz
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Waitress did not write anything down even though she had a pad and pen pretending to write, my salad came with tomatoes that I ask to take off, when she saw mevtakingvthem off minutes after bringing it to me, she said, oh well, there's only a few on it, I got French fries instead of baked potato, my fish was soft when I asked for crispy, maybe Jenny was having a bad day but unwonted go back to that one again

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Nice atmosphere. Big menu. Service a bit rushed. Had oysters, crawfish, cajun ravioli. Highlight was the roasted oysters with chees- tasty, plump, we seasoned. Other dishes good, not great.....pretty ordinary tasting.