“Authentic thai cuisine”

Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Asian
“Authentic thai cuisine”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We've eaten at pimon thai for many years,even before they moved buildings. The food is always wonderful. Compared to Thai Cuisine this place is better if you are looking for a nice romantic dinner. Their mango with coconut milk and sweet rice dessert is delicious. We really love this place. Great service as well. Very authentic thai cuisine.

Lafayette, Louisiana
“YUM YUM YUM!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We go to this restaurant often! They have the best egg rolls in town! I usually get the pad kei mao w chicken and medium spice level! It is fantastic! They have really good soups too!!

• Visited May 2012
Lafayette, LA
“Excellent, authentic Thai food”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

First, we eat here monthly. It is where we go for comfort food. They have an extensive menu, however we haven't ventured much further than the Gang Dang and Pad Thai. They are both amazing. They also offer brown or white rice to go with their dishes. We've also had the spring rolls for a health appetizer. The location is fairly new to them and is very clean. This is a casual restaurant with great service.

• Visited May 2012
New Iberia, Louisiana
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The menu was lengthy and overwhelming, so after ordering egg rolls as an appetizer, I asked the waiter for assistance. He recommended a mildly seasoned noodle dish and a rice dish. We chose to add shrimp to each. It was delicious. The waiter recommended that next time we try a dish seasoned with curry and/or ginger because those are the hallmarks of Thai cuisine.

• Visited July 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Love this place!! I have been eating here...”
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Love this place!! I have been eating here for over 10yrs.
#1: I have never seen a roach and I'm scared of roaches. This doesn't matter anymore cause they have built a new location and moved into it. Pretty and cozy feeling.
#2: I am black and I know the owner who doesn't wear glasses, there is no manager in the restaurant, they have a very competent waitstaff, ask for Tao if you want to be sure. I also know the owners wife, who is thai, and manages the cooking in the kitchen. They have always been nice and courteous and if something comes out of the kitchen that is not quite right they do their utmost to fix it. The post that said otherwise just seems like they have a grudge against the owner.
Enough of my two cents.
Order the Chuu Chee with shrimp. It's my absolute favorite, pad thai is second and then the pad ki mu is third. Sirachu shrimp appetizer is yummy.
I always say, try something at least twice, if not once is enough. I chose this place for every birthday dinner, every date, my graduation dinner...etc. I know my stuff.
Thai cuisine does not compare to Pimon thai either. Order same dish from both places and see for yourself. Happy eating!