“Good but not Outstanding!”

Charley G's Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley G's Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Louisiana
“Good but not Outstanding!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have gone to Charley G's for years and always enjoyed it. Over the years, they have always left you thinking about your next visit. This time it was good but not outstanding. The service and food were good but no better than available a lot of places for less Money. I had the ribeye that was average.

We will come back if it is convenient but not worth a special trip.

• Visited August 2013

Louisiana
“Excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We picked this restaurant on the spur of the moment after reading the Tripadvisor reviews, and WOW, were we glad! The atmosphere was casual enough that fancy dress was not required, but the fine dining feel was still there. The three of us ordered the sampler appetizer platter (coconut shrimp, half a small Brie with roasted garlic, herbed toast points, mini crab cakes, and amazing, amazing duck and Tasso spring rolls - I would go back just for these.) One of our party ordered the scallops (which he said were the best he'd ever eaten), another ordered the filet mignon, which came on top of asparagus with fried eggplant rounds and was drizzled with hollandaise sauce (which she said said was excellent, with the steak cooked perfectly), and I got the Catch of the Day, which was grilled grouper over a seasoned polenta and topped with lump crab meat (I thought it was a tad bland, but perhaps this was because I'd eaten quite a lot of the appetizer tray and had lost a large portion of my appetite.) I was the only one to get wine with dinner, and, after my food settled, a scrumptious chocolate Pot de Creme dessert. Not a cheap dinner (152.00 before tip), but very well worth it for a special occasion, in my opinion. Our server, Bryan, was sweet, helpful, and very efficient. We got there around 6:00 ish and were immediately seated. The food was served quickly, and was just right in temperature. We would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Liv2swim
“Outstanding.”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My wife and I went to Charley G's for our anniversary.
From the moment we walked in the door,they made us feel welcome. The waiters were courteous and the food great.
Best restaurant we have been in.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jdsealpuller
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Charley G's is never disappointing. The atmosphere is great and the service is impeccable. The food is consistently excellent.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank CharlesLouisiana
Addison, Texas
“A very pleasant Lafayette surprise........”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We accidentally stumbled on this restaurant, and what a pleasant surprise it turned out to be.
We had just spent three days in New Orleans and desperately needed a change from seafood and fried foods, but didn't have much hope for that since Charlie G's is a seafood restaurant, after all.
My husband and our friends all had the small filet and I selected the duck breast.

The duck breasts were perched on a little mound of baked polenta and french beans. The duck was absolutely delicious - very crispy with very little fat and nicely flavored by a berry/ginger sauce.
The filets were grilled to perfection and exactly as ordered. Both dishes once again proved that quality and portion control make for a much better dining experience than a heap of mediocre food on our plate.
We selected a medium priced Malbec which was well suited for both, steak and duck.
I highly recommend the Winter House and Bluesiana salads. Both are superb, with a delightful mix of spring greens, berries and either goat cheese or blue cheese.
A very good jazz pianist and excellent service from all of the wait staff made this a memorable evening.

• Visited May 2013