“Never judge a book by its cover!”
Review of Oishi Sushi

Oishi Sushi
Ranked #133 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Upon walking into this place for the first time two years back I was surprised to see the inside of the restaurant I had heard so much about. Intimate is a good way to put it... It only has about 6 tables. We dined there this one time and had some of the best sushi ever. To build credibility, you need to understand that my wife and I eat sushi atleast once a week, up to 2-3x a week. The sushi is fresher than every other restaurant in Lafayette.
Since our first dining experience there, we have been back every week since to pick up to go orders. This is our go to sushi venue in Lafayette. The only time we go else where is when we are looking for a lively atmosphere.

The sushi quality is paramount! Go try it out for yourself... It won't be the only time you eat at Oishi...I promise.

1  Thank Blackchivas
There are newer reviews for Oishi Sushi

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The sushi here is absolutely amazing. It ranks up there with the best sushi I've ever had anywhere! Along with the usual favourites are a number of unique creations that include local ingredients. It's not a discount place, but worth it because you can savor every bite!

Reviewed 25 September 2012

this might be the best little sushi joint i've ever been to. I particularly liked the 'shannon roll' which was in the bean wrapped instead of the seaweed. We had a great time, and the chef was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Good sushi for a small town. LONG wait for 2 rolls almost 45 minutes backed up! Handmade right in front of you! Which was nice. Very small place only one person rolling.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

There are quite a few good sushi places in town. This one is def one of them. The restaurant itself is quite small and it does take a long time to get your food as there is only one person rolling the sushi, but it is well worth the wait!