“Nice little Greek Restaurant”

Poseidon's Greek Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 577 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2013

When I walked in I was immediately greeted by a very friendly hostess, who was also my waitress. I ordered the Poseidon Plate which offered a sample of several items. The food was quite good and was fresh. Reasonable prices, authentic Greek cuisine, comfortable environment, what more could you ask for. I will be back.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

This has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years. I love the spanakopita. I even love the salad here, even though I'm not much of a salad eater. Setting is quiet and pleasant, even on a Friday night. I love to meet friends here on weekend nights because it's quiet and I don't feel pressured to leave the table as soon as we're finished.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I was not impressed with the grilled cheese, but the wraps were pretty good. Friendly waitstaff. I would go there again if I was in the area.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

In my travels in Greece Mousaka became my favorite dish. None that I ate there was as good as I get right here at Poseidon in Lafayette.

3  Thank cenotehombre
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We dine in or take out a few times a month and the food is always good. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. So far we have had the pita sandwiches (gyros), hummus, fried shrimp, shrimp souvlaki, haloumi, spanakopita and appetizer platter -- all have been delicious and fresh. It's more like a neighborhood joint than a date night restaurant though they have a bar and Greek wines. Every so often they have Mezza night, where they just bring you a bunch of different dishes for a fixed price. It's always really fun and you can try lots of different dishes. You have to make a reservation for the Mezza, but if they are having it -- definitely go.

1  Thank Janet A