“Humm, not sure I was impressed.”
Review of Dwight's

Dwight's
Ranked #80 of 580 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

It's a local thing. Everyone has their own favorite. My brother raved about Dwight's. So I took him and my parents. No serious complaints. Restaurant is outdated, staff were friendly and helpful. They helped with gluten issues and did great. Crawfish were good but I've had better in Texas (sad but true). Price was comparable. Overall good meal. Celiac friendly, kid friendly, budget friendly.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

One thing I learned from my years living in Lafayette is how to tell a good crawfish place. If they make their own sauce, have various choices for spice level and have a hole in the middle of the table where you put the crawfish debris, you can be pretty confident it's a good place for crawfish. This place has all three. On the night we visited, they also had a packed house. I could taste why. The crawfish were big, hot, spicy and all the other adjectives that describe good. There were no overcooked crawfish, a common problem in mediocre places. The sauce was just the right spice level and had cajun power sauce in it, so it was really good. The waitress was nice and knowledgeable, and attentive. The prices were high, but I didn't care. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank marctravis
Reviewed 14 April 2013

if you want a good sunday headover to Dwights , it is great you wont be sorry i like it so much i had to wright another review about it

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Dwight's is a large neighborhood place -- cheap chairs and tables, etc, with no decor at all -- and quite good food. We had a fine Cajun shrimp salad and and delicious fried seafood platter. (Too much fried for my taste, but when in Rome...) The most popular dish judging by the rest of the diners was crabs in a Cajun seasoning.

1  Thank MarkLOlson
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Maybe the best crawfish and fried shrimp we have ever had. Hours fresh. Not much on atmosphere but hundreds of locals each night are there for a reason. Making us thinking of leaving New Orleans early to hit Lafayette again!

1  Thank Prospertexas