“crawfish!!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Blacksburg, Virginia
“crawfish!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

For the genuine crawfish eating experience, you will do quite well to go to Dwight's. It's a no-frills, no tablecloth, hole in the middle of the table with a pail inderneath to catch the shells, paper towel on the table kind of place, and you can order the 3 or 5 pound platter of steamed spicy crawfish and spend the next hour working on getting every last delicious and fresh bite out of the shell. The staff are very friendly and will give you a lesson in how to do this, or they will leave you on your own if you like. This is the real Cajun food experience! The only reason I did not give it five stars is that my husband ordered the shrimp and they were very ordinary. Remember though, SPICY!

• Visited April 2014

Willis, Texas
“Some kind of good...place for crawfish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

First time here and it was fantastic. We come to visit often and can't believe we never tried this place.

We had the boiled crawfish with corn and potatoes. We opted for some of their dip and it was delicious.

For an appetizer we tried the corn and crab dip...one word...delicious!!!

It will be a regular for us. It's where the locals go.

Golden, Colorado, United States
“Good in Crawfish Season”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very casual, it's in town, we usually only go there during crawfish season. The bugs are good, they do wait to get the biggest ones on the market. They are not cheap, and it's not fancy, but is definitely a good place for bugs.

• Visited March 2013
Houston
“Was hoping for better, don't leave I-10 for it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I hate writing bad reviews for places that treat me fair. But this place is kind of like dining in a truck stop. We pulled off I-10 on our way back to Houston based on the reviews. It is quite a hike off the highway. The recommended crawfish etouffee was served out of a steamer table as were all the lunch specials and side dishes. My wife ordered a hamburger and was told that it would take 15-20 minutes. My etouffee was ok, but nowhere near exceptional. Her hamburger was over cooked.
Servers were fine but seemed exhausted. Prices weren't bad and servings were generous. I think this is more of a locals place who don't have a lot of options.

• Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Humm, not sure I was impressed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

It's a local thing. Everyone has their own favorite. My brother raved about Dwight's. So I took him and my parents. No serious complaints. Restaurant is outdated, staff were friendly and helpful. They helped with gluten issues and did great. Crawfish were good but I've had better in Texas (sad but true). Price was comparable. Overall good meal. Celiac friendly, kid friendly, budget friendly.

• Visited March 2013