“Hamburgers can't be beat in Lafayette, LA!”
Review of Judice Inn

Judice Inn
Ranked #35 of 587 Restaurants in Lafayette
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: A Lafayette Tradition serving the "Best Hamburgers in Town" Since 1947! Won awards locally, statewide as well as nationally recognized!
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I've been going to the restaurant for 20 years. You just can NOT beat their hamburgers. It's a little hole in the wall and it's always crowded. They have a big screen TV with some sports event on all the time. There's only about 15-20 booths. That's it. You can eat there or call it in. Their hamburgers are not big and they don't throw in the kitchen sink. They are simple and delicious and flavorful. If you like burgers that are full of stuff - this isn't for you. If you want to actually taste the flavor of the meat - none better! I'm a woman and I always order two. They have a secret sauce and every burger comes with a slice of purple onion. You can get old fashioned cokes in a bottle. THERE ARE NO FRIES. They are known for this quirk. They do have chips and after, soft serve. Lunch or dinner.

3  Thank Monette F

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I can't wait to go here every year when we go home for our reunion. It is still hands down the best little hamburger place around! Great atmosphere, fun times, & great memories. If you get there & it's busy...it's worth the wait!

1  Thank dlormand
GERALD J, Owner at Judice Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate the review and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

On the recommendation of an out of town co-worker, my husband and I travelled 50 miles to try Judice Inn's burgers. We were not alone... for Saturday lunch, we stood in line, ordered our burgers while waiting, and still waited about 15 minutes after we were seated for our food. But they were worth it! Juicy and lightly seasoned, so you could still taste the meat, definitely homemade, with toasted buns. However, that's pretty much all you get there; bagged chips for a side (no fries), a ham sandwich, and soft drinks complete the weekend menu. The place is tiny and interesting, and dear hubby can't wait to go back, but for me, I'd like a bit more variety, which explains the 4 star rating.

1  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is where my parents had their 1st date in 1956! Love their hamburgers with grilled onions. Don't let the décor or lack of, fool you. I think their burgers are better than years back(more spice in the meat and larger size when they raised the price:) A "Must" visit when you are in Lafayette.

2  Thank Cole G
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This place is always swamped at lunch time, which is a good sign. The burgers are juicy, and the grilled onions & the Judice sauce...just fantastic. No fries, just chips, but with burgers this good, you really can't complain. I recommend ordering "to go" so you don't have to battle for a seat. And grab extra napkins. :)

1  Thank heywood417