“Zea's who?”

Zea Rotisserie & Bar
Ranked #4 of 586 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We may not take ourselves seriously, but we always take our food seriously. Generic is our mortal enemy.A truly American restaurant always has an opinion.At Zea, we state ours confidently, unapologetically and with a little swagger and laughter. Maybe it's our New Orleans roots, but we know good food. And our personalities are as bold as our menu items are flavorful. As with most lovable southerners, what you see is what you get at Zea. That simply tends to be a lot of extraordinary. Go ahead - try anything on the menu. And don't worry; you'll be hungry again in a few days, inspiring you to come back and try something new.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Zea's of Lafayette is no different than Zea's of Metairie & I wasn't impressed one bit with the Metairie location. My family and I, a group over 10 were waiting for a table since 640ish. We didn't get pulled in until 8 something. The atmosphere was positive and mellow, the restuarant over all was clean however, we had two waitresses for the two tables and this is were the trouble rang in. One table had a waitress on point, they received their drinks and appetizers in a jiffy however our waitress a the second table would have been taken for fresh meat. Half of our table got drinks and 7 minutes later then the other half. The waitress from the other table eventually started bringing drink refills and meals to us because our waitress wasn't on top of it. The meals were cold when we got them and we waited long enough, but all for mediocre tasting fish,burgers,ribs,and fries. Mediocre being nice.I can honestly and finally say I have tasted commercial catfish. The catfish had plenty on the plate, but no taste and the cabbage was just boiled lettuce, no taste as well. The only thing satisfying was the red beans with rice which sadly was small portioned and the sweet tea was great. The bill was expensive enough without the added gratuity tip due to a large party and if the option was there, I would have taken THAT off. Good thing this location is far off Johnston Street, it doesn't deserve to be at a high traffic area and I could happily pass it up if it were with a terrible thought and face that is. I wouldn't recommend it because I wouldn't go to again. I might not even go to the theater near it, just so I don't have to be near Zea's.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I eat at this restaurant fairly regularly, and I have always found that they have wonderful cuisine and cocktails. On your trip make sure you order the Mediterranean Hummus.. If you are a hummus fan, you won't be disappointed. A few dishes that you cant go wrong with are the Casablance chicken and Sedona Panini, as well as any of the rotiesserie options. On Wednesday's they have half price Frozen Bellini's and Cosmo's and They are STRONG, so you definitely feel like you get your money's worth. I enjoy the atmosphere, service, and the food is always fresh and flavorful, This is a must try in Lafayette.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

On a Sunday night driving into Lafayette the top 10 restaurants on Trip Advisor were closed on Fourth of July Weekend (hello?). The receptionist at Zea's answered on the first ring and said they served late..we arrived at 9:00pm. The Rotisserie Rib Eye was absolutely the best we have ever had. The Roasted garlic Hummus to start with and the fried goat cheese was authentic, different from mainstream hummus and out of this world. The waiter was great, going to University of Louisiana and then of all things the manager stopped by to hear of our travels from San Diego and how we found our food and their restaurant. I would do it all over again. A Plus in my book.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We have been here so many times I can't count them anymore, and I've written reviews about Zeas but this time may have been the best.

We had a party of 11. All food came out hot and it all tasted fabulous. Luke was an amazing server. It was just perfect!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I always think of Zea's as somewhere to go for dinner but found out about the wonderful specials at lunchtime everday that I really enjoyed. It was a little crowded and had we to wait for a table, but well worth the wait.