“Good Menu choices of Cajun and American cuisine”
Review of Main St. Bar and Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Main St. Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Good Menu choices of Cajun and American cuisine”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Love the fried shrimp po-boy and corn crab chowder soup...so much so we went back again. Food is cooked fresh, the breading on the shrimp is fresh crunchy not old grease soft breading..salads fresh and good choices on menu

Visited June 2013

Lafayette, LA
“Disappointed, very disappointed”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

All I can say is that I was disappointed, very disappointed. Main Street took over the old location of WOW in River Ranch and that was one of our favorite places in Lafayette. The atmosphere was nice, the bar was beautiful, but most importantly the food was always great. The best thing about WOW was the quality of food and service for the price you paid.

Enter Main Street Bar & Grill River Ranch. I have no idea who owns this place. I have no idea if it is related to the old establishment. What I do know is that I can’t see this place being here a year from now, so the cycle of new places will continue.

When you walk in the door you see that they have toned down the atmosphere a little. Thank goodness they left the beautiful bar as it was before, and there was a pretty active crowd at the bar when we were there. The TVs at each of the tables have been removed, and it appeared to us that they expanded the seating room. I’m not sure how but there seemed to be a little more room at each table. They placed large pictures over some of the windows. I’m not sure I like them, but it did serve to block some of the sun that used to come into the dining area during the afternoon and early evening hours. The dining area was good and we were off to a good start.

The waitress took what seemed to be forever to come to our table. Considering there was only one other table of people (besides those at the bar) there was no excuse for this. When she arrived at our table we felt like she was disappointed that we were there for a meal and not to party. We ordered Diet Cokes and she kind of rolled her eyes and never offered to answer any questions about the menu. I asked what was good and she said that she had not eaten many things on the menu. Hmmmmm….. not a good start.

We live in Louisiana and there are a couple of things that pretty much everyone does well. We took the safe route and ordered fried shrimp poboys. That is something that every kid in Louisiana past age 12 can cook. We sat again for what seemed like forever and eventually decent looking poboys and fries arrived at our table.

The shrimp was just not good, and this is just not acceptable. The bread was decent, but nothing special. The fries were exceptional! We ordered the whole thinking it would be a little too much. The waitress commented on how large they were. This was actually on the smaller size compared to most of the places that we frequent in the Acadiana area.

The prices are high compared to many places that are much better in Lafayette. This is another reason that I fear for the future of this establishment. Even the burgers were priced higher than many of the other places in town that are known for outstanding burgers.

So over all Main Street is going to establish a whole new clientele from the people that frequented WOW. Perhaps it will be a group that goes there for the drinks rather than the food. I will say that the group at the bar that evening were having a great time, and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. I love the location, and I love the facility itself. I guess that we will have to venture further away from River Ranch to find our new spot. To be fair in a couple months we will be back. Perhaps they just need to work out some early issues!

Last but not least, I invite you to scroll over my name to see the ratings I give in my reviews. I am usually extremely generous in the number of 4 and 5 ratings I give, especially when I am excited about a new place. I honestly hope that I can come back in a couple months and put up a 5 for Main Street. I will be back, this place has potential, but it needs improvement.

• Visited May 2013