“Convenient to everything”

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Hamilton, Georgia
“Convenient to everything”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Since it is located on the strip of Lafayette, it is very convenient to shopping and restaurants. The staff is very nice and twice have given me a complimentary upgrade to a suite without asking. The breakfast is nice and they supply a free paper in the morning which is nice start to the day.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Marion, MA
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We had a great time. Every one of the staff went out of their way to welcome us. Our room was lovely with great mattress, bedding, and very, very clean. Our room was so quiet you wouldn't know we had anyone next door, above, or below. Breakfast included sausage, bacon, eggs, yogurt, fruit, juices, the works! The location was convenient to Breaux, Bridge, Lafayette, and Baton Rouge. We would go back in a minute.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2010

While the hotel was clean, quiet, aesthetically pleasing, and the staff appeared to be friendly and caring it seems as though all that southern hospitality disappears the moment you check out and hand them your money. Everyone knows that sometimes no matter how many times you repeat the list of things in your head that you need to be sure not to forget when you leave the hotel, sometimes our minds let something slip through the cracks and some poor item is accidentally left behind. This is my case. What is one to do? simply call the hotel and have them send it to you or pick it up,right? When I returned to retrieve the item, management "apologetically" explained that housekeeping found no such item in my room. Let me just say, its impossible that no one found it. It has been two days and so far I've been given the run around. This item is of much sentimental value and is irreplaceable. I would love to give this hotel/staff the opportunity to resolve the issue and make things right. Until then, those who are interested in staying here.... be warned, accidentally leave your valuables behind and prepare to perhaps never see them again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a27reyes
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2010

This Holiday Inn Express is set quite a bit back from the street, so there is no street noise. We had a nice room with two queen beds. Nice beds, good shower. Front desk staff were very friendly and let us check in early. Breakfast was the typical HIE with cinnamon rolls, eggs, biscuits, etc. It is located near lots of shopping (Acadiana Mall) and restaurants.
After leaving the HIE on Kaliste Saloom road because of noise, this was a quiet oasis.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Austin
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I have to say, the people in Lafayette are SO nice! We were stranded for a couple of days and stayed 1 night at this hotel. When my husband called, for availability, he mentioned that our car broke down and had to stay in town until our part was in. They gave us a discounted rate. The staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean and updated. The pool was adequate. I definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Texas
Reviewed 6 November 2008

My husband while traveling to work decided to stay the night in Lafayette, La. I called ahead for him using the reservations hotline. I made reservations using our priority club points. Upon checking my bank account I noticed that we were also charged for the room. Everyone seems to be passing the buck and not taking care of it. I was asked to call back when the manager comes in. It is not worth using this hotel chain and building points when you have to go through all of this.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Galloway, Ohio
Reviewed 25 May 2008

My travel partner and I stayed here one weekday night while on a business trip. Check in was quick & easy, the desk clerk was efficient & friendly.

The room was clean & fairly spacious. The shower functioned nicely without any temp swings caused by other guests' water use. The bedding was fresh, clean and comfortable.

My only gripe isn't a big one. Our room was situated near a side door and that evening after dark I ran out to get something from the car. When I returned I found the card reader wouldn't work & the door wouldn't unlock.

I'd consider the value to be fair and we'll be stopping in again the next time we overnight in the area.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Card reader on side door didn't function
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)