“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We enjoyed our overnight stay very much. The room was small but very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. Service was excellent and the breakfast was hot and very good selection. I would definitely stay there again.

phyllis s

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I frequently travel to Lafayette (up to 6 times/ month) for business and have had nothing but wonderful experiences at this hotel! I had stayed at couple of the major hotels in the area, but none were as friendly or helpful as this one. The front desk were knowledgable about surrounding areas, and on several occasions provided me with directions. I was able to get extra work done in their business center which is well equipped. I dealt with several Front Desk reps and they went above and beyond for me. And it is heaven coming home after work to a freshly made bed and clean bathroom courtesy of their housekeeping! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Lafayette, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Room Tip: I always book a room on he back side of the hotel to prevent possible traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2011

In November '11 I stay for three day at the Holiday Inn Express with a group. It was by for the best stay I had ever had! Excellent rooms, lovely staff and around great hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011
Kay W, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

We love to hear when we have guests that have a great lodging experience while staying with us. We look forward to having you return to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

is its convenience. There was forethought in planning this location. It is set back far enough from the very busy street to eliminate street noises. We have stayed here several times. Our latest stay was not the best. The carpet needed replacing. It may have been clean, but when there are obvious spots, I am always suspicious. The toilet had an annoying hanging problem. All in all, the breakfast was fine, but the cereal offerings left much to be desired: too much sugary stuff! we may elect to stay here again, because of its location, but we will look around for another hotel before we go again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I think management and staff at this establishment would do well to sit down and realize they are running a service-oriented business.

Bottom Line: I booked a room at this hotel for two nights, was charged for it, then denied access to it.

The staff told me a very elaborate story about how their vendor changed things on them and as a result, they have trouble accessing the rooms with the new key cards. (This may be fascinating to them, but I don't care.) I was given three different rooms and three different sets of cards until the manager said they would give me refund. EXCEPT NOT. They refused to refund me for the day I had checked in because of cancellation policy??? (Um..... I COULDN'T GET INTO THE ROOM) At this point it's not so much a cancellation as it is a refusal of service? Am I right?

There are also little things suggesting this establishment's doom in the future. The woman in charge was walking around in flip flops and jeans and when I told her my key didn't work she took me back to the room, and banged on the door a bit causing quite a ruckus. I felt kind of embarrassed for her.

There's plenty of other options in this area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

On behalf of the staff and management of Holiday Inn Express and Suites, I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. The staff and general manager were both aware of the problem with the room keys. There was a failure with the key machine during your stay. Every effort was made to minimize any inconvenience to guests. Unfortunately, circumstances beyond our control made this a difficult time for everyone.

Since this failure, the key machine has been replaced with a new and updated model with fail safes in place.

We hope you will visit the property in the future and allow us to serve you.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

This hotel is located in the heart of town, plenty of places to eat and shop nearby. Clean rooms, nothing fancy but very good location! Very friendly and helpful staff!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank timvines5640

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always nice to hear from our guests that enjoyed all of the conveniences of shopping, dining and attractions within 1-2 miles of the hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 July 2011

I had a confirmed reservation for a queen suite at this hotel for the night of July 2, 2011 for my husband, 2 teenage daughters and myself. My husband went to check in just after 4:00 p.m. and was told they had overbooked and did not have a room for us. He was offered a king suite or a room with 2 queen beds that had a broken door lock (but we could use the latch to lock ourselves in overnight!). With 2 adults and 2 teenagers, we needed 2 beds. There was no manager on site to speak to and no further assistance was offered to help us find a room elsewhere. They also could not remove the hold on our credit card until sometime after 11:00 p.m. that night. Fortunately, we were able to find a queen suite at Candlewood Suites, who told me they were a sister hotel of Holiday Inn. I called customer service and was told the site manager would be notified and would contact me within 48 hours. Did not happen. Five days later I submitted an online complaint and received an email saying a baseball team had checked in and the hotel had lost some of the queen suites in a recent storm (water damage). That's why there was no room for us, even with our confirmed reservation. They were sorry for my inconvenience. The pool being closed is an inconvenience. A broken ice maker is an inconvenience. No room when you are traveling is so much more than an "inconvenience."

Room Tip: Call ahead the day before and day of travel to make sure they have a room for you!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding the reservation problem you experienced. On behalf of the staff and management, I apologize for the reservation confusion. After checking with the general manager, I did discover that there had been a storm the day of your arrival and several rooms received water damage and were out of service. As a matter of protocol, in the future, I have asked that guests are contacted prior to their arrival when conditions beyond our control happen.