“A very nice place”

Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“A very nice place”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My family loves Drury Inns. I had enough points for a free night at the Pear Tree in Lafayette. It's a smaller hotel chain, but my kids were very satisfied with the Pear Tree. There isn't the 5oclock heavy snack like at Drury, but there was nachos. So, my kids literally said, we've got popcorn, nachos, and drinks. We are hooked up and good to go. My son was a little disappointed that the pool had debris, but it was after a storm. I would recommend this hotel any day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Natchitoches
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I admit, I had never heard of this hotel, but I did my homework and the reviews were great, so we gave it a try. My husband and I were attending a craft show and needed a good room at a good price for one night. I was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel was easy to find and check in was very pleasant. The clerk, Golden, was extremely helpful and cheerful, and answered any questions we had. She offered the evening social to us, but we had a function to attend, so had to decline.
Our room was spacious enough and very clean. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night's rest. Breakfast was hot with waffles, eggs and sausage and the other usual amenities like juice, yogurt, bananas, etc.
Our stay was top notch and we wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 456Cheryl
Reviewed 27 July 2013

It was such a good value hotel. It was very clean and we loved the breakfast, popcorn and wine every night. We didn't get a chance to go swimming but it looked nice :) we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013
North of Atlanta
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We recently stayed here on our way from San Antonio to New Orleans. Te beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean. We did have some issue with the fresh paint smell. The full breakfast provided by Mrs. Jackie was wonderful. This is a wonderful brand of hotels!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stopped here for 1 night & it was fine...beds were comfy which we loved, had a coffee maker & fridge, the only thing was the elevator was out so we walked to the 3rd floor. I see that as good exercise for me ;-) Front desk people were nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I love this hotel. Hands down, my favorite in Springfield. The cost is extremely reasonable, the staff are friendly, the wifi signal is great, the beds are comfy, and there's a hot breakfast with biscuits & gravy in the mornings. They also have a social hour in the evenings with beer/wine and snacks. It's also close to the site I visit when I'm in town for work, though it might be a little out of the way if you're trying to visit central Lafayette...but it's just off of I-10. It's the best value in town.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank heywood417
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Yes, this is our 3rd review of this hotel. I feel it is good to know that year after year we still find this hotel welcoming and worth our stay. Easy to get to right off highway I-10. Price is right. We are always welcomed by a friendly front desk clerk, neat clean room, comfortable beds and an excellent hot breakfast included. What more could a traveler ask for?! Oh yes......a Cracker Barrel Restaurant right next door where we have gone the past two visits, but this time we enjoyed dinner at Crawfish Town before checking in. See my review of Crawfish Town. We will be back to Pear Tree Inn next year.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple