“AC sysem just too noisy” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pear Tree Inn Lafayette

Pear Tree Inn Lafayette
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Bel Air, Maryland
“AC sysem just too noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Picked this hotel as it was a good day's drive from our previous night in Chattanooga enroute to Houston and more importantly, since it was pet friendly.
Check in was quick. Assigned a room on the first floor near an exit - good for the pooch.
Room was clean, and what was in it worked - maybe too well.
Drove around the area and found a Church's Can't go wrong with fried chicken.
Back in the room, set up the wifi on the phone allowing my wife to watch some movies.
A problem surfaced when it was time to sleep. The AC was just too loud. Even in the off position, it still sounded like a factory. Asked at the front desk if anything could be done. Suggestion was too unplug it. Sounds good but if there was a power cord, I couldn't find it. Eventually resorted to wrapping the unit with pillows and blankets. Helped enough that we were finally able to fall asleep. Our pooch, still on eastern time, got us up at 0555. Not a very good night.
Breakfast, though, was quite good especially the sausage patties and the biscuits and gravy.
Next time I'll be sure to pack earplugs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank airpizz6
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thanks for choosing Pear Tree Inn by Drury! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed the wifi and our hot breakfast. We are sorry to hear, though, about the noise issues with the AC unit and apologize for the resulting lack of sleep. Your comments have been passed along to hotel management so we can have our maintenance team take a closer look. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable stay! We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you as our guest again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My family loves Drury Inns. I had enough points for a free night at the Pear Tree in Lafayette. It's a smaller hotel chain, but my kids were very satisfied with the Pear Tree. There isn't the 5oclock heavy snack like at Drury, but there was nachos. So, my kids literally said, we've got popcorn, nachos, and drinks. We are hooked up and good to go. My son was a little disappointed that the pool had debris, but it was after a storm. I would recommend this hotel any day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Natchitoches
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I admit, I had never heard of this hotel, but I did my homework and the reviews were great, so we gave it a try. My husband and I were attending a craft show and needed a good room at a good price for one night. I was pleasantly surprised.
The hotel was easy to find and check in was very pleasant. The clerk, Golden, was extremely helpful and cheerful, and answered any questions we had. She offered the evening social to us, but we had a function to attend, so had to decline.
Our room was spacious enough and very clean. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night's rest. Breakfast was hot with waffles, eggs and sausage and the other usual amenities like juice, yogurt, bananas, etc.
Our stay was top notch and we wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 456Cheryl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

It was such a good value hotel. It was very clean and we loved the breakfast, popcorn and wine every night. We didn't get a chance to go swimming but it looked nice :) we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013
North of Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We recently stayed here on our way from San Antonio to New Orleans. Te beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean. We did have some issue with the fresh paint smell. The full breakfast provided by Mrs. Jackie was wonderful. This is a wonderful brand of hotels!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Cumming, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stopped here for 1 night & it was fine...beds were comfy which we loved, had a coffee maker & fridge, the only thing was the elevator was out so we walked to the 3rd floor. I see that as good exercise for me ;-) Front desk people were nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Nixa, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I love this hotel. Hands down, my favorite in Springfield. The cost is extremely reasonable, the staff are friendly, the wifi signal is great, the beds are comfy, and there's a hot breakfast with biscuits & gravy in the mornings. They also have a social hour in the evenings with beer/wine and snacks. It's also close to the site I visit when I'm in town for work, though it might be a little out of the way if you're trying to visit central Lafayette...but it's just off of I-10. It's the best value in town.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business