Pear Tree Inn Lafayette
US$111
US$112
US$84
Hotwire.com
All reviewsdrury innnachoshotel elevatorsmall fitness roomcracker barrelbig bathroomfree popcornbiscuits and gravybath showerfree happy hourquick stophot breakfast in the morningbeer and winecomfortable roomwafflesplan on stayingeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Booked a room here this past weekend to attend the annual Breauxbidge Crawfish Festival. When we walked into the room we were greeted by a horrible musty odor! The smell was unbearable! Upon further inspection, the bed linens were wrinkled and stained, there were several stains the on walls and nightstand. There was a fabric covered bench in the room that was absolutely filthy, the coffee maker was sticky and dusty as if it had never been cleaned and there were SMALL BLACK ANTS crawling all over the coffee maker and the dresser that the T.V. was sitting on. The floor near the air conditioner was very damp, apparently the a.c was leaking and I guess that's why the room smelled so bad. I immediately called front desk and they told me they could move me next door to their other property, but I would have to return the next night. I was not happy about that because after the experience I had I did not want to set foot in that place again! The saving grace was the young lady I spoke to the following day who works at the Drury, she allowed us to remain at the Drury for the rate we had booked at Pear Tree. That was a relief and we were able to enjoy our weekend. I knew this property was not a full service hotel, and that was okay. But I did expect a certain level of cleanliness and this was not up to par at all! I also had to deal with with the inconvenience of having both hotels charge my credit card! I also felt as though management could have done a better job of accommodating us for our inconvenience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate receiving guest comments, and are very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with your room not being as fresh smelling as we would like it to be, or as clean as it should have been. I am glad to hear that when you were moved to the Drury Inn & Suites you were able to enjoy the rest of your weekend. Your comments are being reviewed by our management team and discussed with the front desk and housekeeping staff so we will make sure future guest do not have similar experiences. Our mission is for all of our guest to enjoy a clean and comfortable stay, and it is feedback like yours that will help us meet these goals. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Joseph Baros

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Not your typical chain....attention to detail and excellent customer service make this an excellent value! Booked several rooms for business trip and everyone received prompt service at check-in with complete explanation of amenities available at the hotel and restaurant / shopping options in close proximity. Breakfast is outstanding and larger chains could certainly take tips about "free breakfast" from the Drury chain! Location of this hotel was also excellent -- easy on/off interstate as well as major local streets. Evening social hour was a nice bonus after a day of training. Grounds were nicely done and clean! Rooms clean, comfortable beds, free Wi-Fi! Will definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Pear Tree Inn met all our needs for our motorcycle trip to Lafayette. They were able to accommodate our extra day. The hotel was booked solid every night we were there, but never seemed hectic or stressed. Super staff!! Will visit again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2014

arrived late without reservation to find there was a basket ball camp in lafayette and rooms were sparse to say the least but were directed to Pear tree to find a quiet clean comfortable room and awesome beds! for the price amazing and awesome breakfast to boot,

Room Tip: room was at the side of the property facing away from the highway
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank diane g
Reviewed 26 January 2014

First time at a Pear Tree Inn, and it has become our favorite hotel in this area. Personnel were very helpful and friendly. The wine, beer and nachos were wonderful after a long day of driving. Room was spotless and beds very comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful - eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy plus waffles, etc. Location was right off the Interstate. It definitely will be our go to place in Lafayette, and we would drive extra to get to it. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple