“Exactly what I expect from this chain.”

Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Leawood, Kansas
“Exactly what I expect from this chain.”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

...And it's a good thing! I chose to stay at this HGI in Lafayette because I have stayed in them all over the midwest with great success. I appreciate that I can go down and get snacks from their pantry, the fresh baked cookies on the front desk, the breakfast, and of course the bar in the evening. I am not a nit picker, I see things for what they are: a reasonable rate and a room that 364 people slept in last year.

Oh! And there is free internet.
Great job team.

Room Tip: If you want to see the Cajun Dome, get an odd number room.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 October 2011

If you need to make multiple reservations with different arrival and check-out dates DO NOT stay here. Staff is very simple minded. My companys needs were made very clear and was thought to be understood. It was made clear that there may be a late arrival, but we will still pay for the room, we just need to make sure that the room is available when my fellow co-wokers arrive from out of state. When they did arrive, the room was release and no longer available. I was still charged for this room. When discussing this with the staff, they showed little to NO concern of what had taken place. I am from Lafayette, LA, and i assure you, there are MANY nicer, cleaner, and better staffed hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, you can hear everything that goes on in the room next to you. "Tip" on ch...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
HGILafayette, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this review, 30 October 2011
cainan b,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the Hilton Garden Inn failing to exceed your expectations in reservations accuracy. Our hotel always seeks to provide outstanding service and cleanliness to our guests with the utmost professionalism. As General Manager, I would like the opportunity to make this right with you. Please contact me at 337-291-1977.

Bart Ferrell
SAINT MARTINVILLE
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I am a Make-A-Wish volunteer and would like to extend an EXCELLENT review to the management and staff at the Hilton Gardens. Thank you to Bart Ferrell (General Manager) and Chris Clarke (Assistant General Manager) and all the hotel staff that made this Make-A-Wish stay a great one. The staff and management was on hand for anything needed and let us bring balloons and goodies and decorate the wish kiddos rooms.

Kind Regards,
Holly Leblanc
Make-A-Wish Volunteer

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HOLLY L
Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was a perfect location to stay for your grandson's girlfriend was having cheerleading competition within a mile of hotel. Grounds were very clean, nice landscaping, inside hotel was very nice and clean as well. We had no issues with anything in our room, all was clean, bed very comfortable. The space in the one bedroom suite very accomodating for 2 adults and 2 tween age children. Very impressed!

Room Tip: Suite space we found to be very accomodating
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rickcatla
Ball, LA
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The room was nice enough when we arrived. There were no immediate red flags, until after sleeping in the room, gathering our things, and double checking we had everything I found a sippy cup sticking out from under the bed (we had no children with us). I was concerned that the room had not been cleaned properly before our stay.
I was also disappointed when I asked for a cotton pillow over the feather as I am allergic. I ended up sleeping on the display pillow since they were out of extra pillows.
I had no problems with the staff, they were very nice and accomodating with what they did have. If I knew the room was in fact cleaned to specifications and the cup was just looked over, then I would stay here again, but I still wonder. Eek!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank jdupont79
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
jdupont79,

Thank you for the feedback. I have used it as training for the staff to ensure we are more diligent while checking and cleaning rooms. We have also purchased additional cotton pillows to ensure we have them on hand for our guests with allergies. We look forward to seeing you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette, with cotton pillows.
West Monroe, LA
Reviewed 19 April 2011

This place has the most comfortable beds of any hotel I have stayed in. Also very quiet. However--we had a non-smoking room which someone had smoked in!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Lacubfan
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 April 2011

This was my first trip to Lafayette (and this particular Hilton Garden Inn) and I found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and well appointed. The purpose of my visit was a keynote presentation at the Cajundome across the street. As the window between my presentation and flight was quite tight, General Manager Bart Ferrell volunteered to pick me up at the Cajundome in his personal vehicle and drive me to the airport. I was absolutely blown away by this generous and selfless gesture as I've never experienced such kindness from hotel staff. Bart was extremely friendly and shared some of his future plans for this particular property. With Bart at the helm I'm confident that you'll have a wonderful experience at this property.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business