“They know how to take care of you!”

Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I would like to take a moment and say a very special “thank you” to you and your staff for your kindness the week of September 12, 2011. I arrived on Monday night. I had eaten at a Jack In The Box in Baton Rouge (about an hour away) but started feeling queasy …within an hour I was really sick. By Tuesday morning I knew I had to do something. I called down to the desk and spoke with Rebecca asking her to contact Stuller and let them know I had gotten sick during the night and would not be at the training session. She did and then called back to ask if I needed anything. I asked about getting to a doctor. She told me to come to the lobby and Kyle would take me across to the “Walk In Clinic”. Kyle helped me into the van and stayed until I got seated safely inside the building. He came back to pick me up. Not only did he drop off my prescriptions, he went inside and bought Gatorade for my weak stomach. Kyle and Rebecca saw me safely back to my room. Later when Kyle discovered the prescriptions needed to be refrigerated, someone arranged for a small fridge to take care of that and keep the Gatorade cold. Kyle even called at 3pm to tell me he was leaving for the day, but that I could call down and anything I needed was available.
The next morning, Rebecca and Kyle call to check on me. Since I didn’t really think I could eat anything, I hadn’t. Rebecca sent up a key to the hospitality suite and said to try some toast and juice when I felt like I could, or they would bring some down.
They continued to check on my progress and I really appreciated it, being so far from home and missing out on a class I had been looking forward to. So it you have to be sick and out of town….The Hilton Lafayette knows how to take care of you!

Room Tip: Stay on one of the top floors for a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 November 2011

Checking out now from a short one day stay, but I have ZERO complaints about this property. I spent quite a bit of time in the hotel, and it was outstanding. From the time I walked in the staff was very polite, professional and friendly. The food was very, very good (sales meeting meal and breakfast buffet).

One particular thing did stand out, CLEANLINESS. This property is spotless, and every time I went through the lobby I saw someone cleaning something. Their employees pride and dedication showed in appearance and comfort.

I will be back, it's my new favorite property in Lafayette, LA!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2011

...And it's a good thing! I chose to stay at this HGI in Lafayette because I have stayed in them all over the midwest with great success. I appreciate that I can go down and get snacks from their pantry, the fresh baked cookies on the front desk, the breakfast, and of course the bar in the evening. I am not a nit picker, I see things for what they are: a reasonable rate and a room that 364 people slept in last year.

Oh! And there is free internet.
Great job team.

Room Tip: If you want to see the Cajun Dome, get an odd number room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2011

If you need to make multiple reservations with different arrival and check-out dates DO NOT stay here. Staff is very simple minded. My companys needs were made very clear and was thought to be understood. It was made clear that there may be a late arrival, but we will still pay for the room, we just need to make sure that the room is available when my fellow co-wokers arrive from out of state. When they did arrive, the room was release and no longer available. I was still charged for this room. When discussing this with the staff, they showed little to NO concern of what had taken place. I am from Lafayette, LA, and i assure you, there are MANY nicer, cleaner, and better staffed hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Walls are thin, you can hear everything that goes on in the room next to you. "Tip" on ch...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
HGILafayette, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2011

cainan b,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the Hilton Garden Inn failing to exceed your expectations in reservations accuracy. Our hotel always seeks to provide outstanding service and cleanliness to our guests with the utmost professionalism. As General Manager, I would like the opportunity to make this right with you. Please contact me at 337-291-1977.

Bart Ferrell

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I am a Make-A-Wish volunteer and would like to extend an EXCELLENT review to the management and staff at the Hilton Gardens. Thank you to Bart Ferrell (General Manager) and Chris Clarke (Assistant General Manager) and all the hotel staff that made this Make-A-Wish stay a great one. The staff and management was on hand for anything needed and let us bring balloons and goodies and decorate the wish kiddos rooms.

Kind Regards,
Holly Leblanc
Make-A-Wish Volunteer

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank HOLLY L
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was a perfect location to stay for your grandson's girlfriend was having cheerleading competition within a mile of hotel. Grounds were very clean, nice landscaping, inside hotel was very nice and clean as well. We had no issues with anything in our room, all was clean, bed very comfortable. The space in the one bedroom suite very accomodating for 2 adults and 2 tween age children. Very impressed!

Room Tip: Suite space we found to be very accomodating
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rickcatla
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The room was nice enough when we arrived. There were no immediate red flags, until after sleeping in the room, gathering our things, and double checking we had everything I found a sippy cup sticking out from under the bed (we had no children with us). I was concerned that the room had not been cleaned properly before our stay.
I was also disappointed when I asked for a cotton pillow over the feather as I am allergic. I ended up sleeping on the display pillow since they were out of extra pillows.
I had no problems with the staff, they were very nice and accomodating with what they did have. If I knew the room was in fact cleaned to specifications and the cup was just looked over, then I would stay here again, but I still wonder. Eek!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jdupont79
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

jdupont79,

Thank you for the feedback. I have used it as training for the staff to ensure we are more diligent while checking and cleaning rooms. We have also purchased additional cotton pillows to ensure we have them on hand for our guests with allergies. We look forward to seeing you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette, with cotton pillows.