“True customer service”

Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Nashville, Tennessee
“True customer service”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Despite undergoing renovations, the staff here were tremendously helpful. The waitress who handled bar duty in the evening and then breakfast duty in the morning was bubbly without being obnoxious. On the contrary--she was a delight. Most impressive of all, however, the general manager, Bart Ferrell, went above and beyond the call of duty to help me out with a transportation problem. I hesitate to be specific, because I'm sure he can't always accommodate people like he did me, but it was an act of kindness and good business. I will recommend this Hilton Garden Inn to anyone who visits Lafayette.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
New York
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights. I found it to be typically good -- rooms were spotless, bed comfortable.

I had a number of requests for the staff and they were quite helpful. My last evening there I asked for them to call a very early taxi and half expected that I would need to call down in the morning (based on experience at other hotels where requests don't survive the overnight). I was pleasantly surprised that they remembered and all went smoothly.

This hotel is across the street from the Cajundome, so would be perfect for attending an event there. However, it is not walking distance to any other shops or services I'd hope for / expect with a hotel in the middle of the town. You'd have a long walk for a restaurant or even a drug store. That may be a reflection of Lafayette, as the whole town seems very car dependent.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This hotel is your typical Hilton Garden Inn with quiet rooms and a nice property. The hotel was undergoing renovations during my stay, however I didn't even notice. I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms which had all new paint, carpet, curtains, bath, and bedding. Looked brand new. The hotel is spacious and has a restaurant on site. The gym is a nice size and there is a pool. It is right accross from the Cajun Dome and football stadium. There are also nice walking paths right out from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I was in Lafayette for the Krewe de Apollo ball held at the Cajundome. I picked the hotel because it was across the street - this was to be an easy trip for me. The hotel itself is quite standard for a HGI - lobby restaurant, friendly front desk, basic amenities in the room. I was placed at the end of the hall, which I appreciated. Even with two events across the street, the parking lot was never over-crowded.There was a small indoor pool and hot tub - lots of kids, but seemed nice enough.

Travel tip: For some reason Google Maps took me in a strange way - be sure to just take University in off of I-10.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
PHXJeremy,

We really appreciate you staying with us while in Lafayette for the Apollo ball. We can’t wait to see you again soon so you can enjoy our new look as we renovate the hotel this Spring!

Bart Ferrell
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying here three times in the past year. The hotel is near the athletic facilities for the University of Louisiana as well as a number of university affiliated research facilities. It has always been clean and the staff very helpful. The rooms were spacious and well appointed and since the hotel has few buildings immediately adjacent, all the rooms have a good view. The breakfast choices are more extensive than other hotels, freshly prepared, and rather good. The staff was very responsive to my needs on my last visit in October. The room I was initially assigned developed an unexpected environmental issue and despite having a full hotel, the staff were able to quickly secure a new room for me and my family. The move was done professionally and with a sincere apology for my inconvenience. I will stay here for my future visits to Lafayette.

Room Tip: I have been on several floors and have not been in a bad room yet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Grendyl
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I would like to take a moment and say a very special “thank you” to you and your staff for your kindness the week of September 12, 2011. I arrived on Monday night. I had eaten at a Jack In The Box in Baton Rouge (about an hour away) but started feeling queasy …within an hour I was really sick. By Tuesday morning I knew I had to do something. I called down to the desk and spoke with Rebecca asking her to contact Stuller and let them know I had gotten sick during the night and would not be at the training session. She did and then called back to ask if I needed anything. I asked about getting to a doctor. She told me to come to the lobby and Kyle would take me across to the “Walk In Clinic”. Kyle helped me into the van and stayed until I got seated safely inside the building. He came back to pick me up. Not only did he drop off my prescriptions, he went inside and bought Gatorade for my weak stomach. Kyle and Rebecca saw me safely back to my room. Later when Kyle discovered the prescriptions needed to be refrigerated, someone arranged for a small fridge to take care of that and keep the Gatorade cold. Kyle even called at 3pm to tell me he was leaving for the day, but that I could call down and anything I needed was available.
The next morning, Rebecca and Kyle call to check on me. Since I didn’t really think I could eat anything, I hadn’t. Rebecca sent up a key to the hospitality suite and said to try some toast and juice when I felt like I could, or they would bring some down.
They continued to check on my progress and I really appreciated it, being so far from home and missing out on a class I had been looking forward to. So it you have to be sick and out of town….The Hilton Lafayette knows how to take care of you!

Room Tip: Stay on one of the top floors for a great view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Checking out now from a short one day stay, but I have ZERO complaints about this property. I spent quite a bit of time in the hotel, and it was outstanding. From the time I walked in the staff was very polite, professional and friendly. The food was very, very good (sales meeting meal and breakfast buffet).

One particular thing did stand out, CLEANLINESS. This property is spotless, and every time I went through the lobby I saw someone cleaning something. Their employees pride and dedication showed in appearance and comfort.

I will be back, it's my new favorite property in Lafayette, LA!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business