“Awesome stay, love this place.”

Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
“Awesome stay, love this place.”
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

Everytime I come to Lafayette this place is always my first choice. The staff is awesome. They are very helpful and courteous. The rooms are always clean and smell great. It is located in a great area close to downtown and across from the Cajun Dome..

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Pancake124

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I booked this hotel, by word of mouth and reviews, and I was not dissappointed. The entire staff from Maintenence to cleaning crew, to chefs and wait staff to the Managers at the desk were so kind and curtious to me every day and every moment. They really made my stay a pleasure. There was a very good young man, Manager at the front desk by name: Mr. Jake Holloway, he was so curtious and kind that he assisted me in signing up for Hilton Rewards, and catered to what every I needed. This 1 on 1 attention made me feel important and that I was not just a customer but a person that mattered....Awesome job staff at the Garden Hilton in Lafayette, La....Awesome Job!

Room Tip: not the road side, but hotel is pretty sound worthy
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2012

hotel look amazing and well nice! staff was great and so was Jake Holloway , very helpful to me when making reservations, i would stay again

when making reservations Jake new his prices and information that helped me out! Got to hotel check in was very done and the stay was nice. The rooms were very nice!

tks
amanda

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Amanada R, thank you for staying with us and posting a review. Jake has been with us a long time and loves to spoil our guests. We can't wait to see you again soon!
Bart Ferrell, General Manager
Humble, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We've stayed at several Hilton Garden Inns, and they are usually pretty consistently nice. This one was definitely not in that category. The room was not very clean and we had a bed that wasn't made up very nicely (bedskirt was torn and crooked) a very dirty shower, long black hairs on the door of the bathroom and a dirty mirror.

The bed was comfortable, though, but I woudn't stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
dottxs, thank you for your response. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your atypical stay at our hotel. I have used your feedback to help coach our team to ensure that you always receive the best experience. We also have new bedskirts on order that should arrive shortly to help complete our renovation. I would love for you to visit us the next time you come to Lafayette and let us show you that this was not a normal experience for our guests. If I can help you plan that trip, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at the property.
Bart Ferrell, General Manager
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2012

There wasn’t one single problem. I haven’t got one single complaint. The location is great. It is across the street from the Cajun Dome. I can’t tell you how nice it was to skip traffic and parking issues and just trot across the street to go see Eric Church play there. There are plenty of food choices, strip malls and whatever else you might need close by. The have a huge parking lot and side entrances to make it convenient.

Everyone at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. Big smiles and more than helpful each and every time. Everyone always greeted us with a hello, and how are you today. I did not see a single grumpy employee. The maids come pretty early to clean the rooms and do a great job. If you had an issue with anything I am sure this hotel would do it’s best to solve it. I got the impression that customer service is a huge priority there. I would give the staff gold stars.

The room was clean. There was a sitting area and large desk. The Bed is adjustable so we could both set the firmness of our individual side of the king bed. Lots of lighting and closet space. There is a massage shower head and no hot water issues. They give you plenty of towels. The shampoo/conditioner/and lotion/mouthwash they provided and stocked daily and were very nice. The fridge and microwave came in very handy. There is a coffee maker ect.. but they have complementary coffee/ice t in the lobby and after a couple days I decided I preferred to go get a cup and bring it back up to room instead of making it. We were more than comfortable during our stay.

There is a sort of convenience store by the front desk. It is well stocked with juice/pop/munchies/snacks/toiletries ect. If they don’t have it I am sure they would be more than happy to point you in the right direction. They have a laundry room. (need quarters). The gym is clean and machines looked great. Ah I have yet to ever exercise on a vacation.. but for those that do I am sure you would be pleased with the equipment. The pool and hot tub area looked great, as did the business center. The lobby has comfortable seating and a relaxing atmosphere. We never had breakfast there but many people were doing so and the food looked good.

This is a CLEAN Hotel in a Great LOCATION ran by First Class Employees and WE have no idea how anyone could stay there and not feel welcome and convinced they had picked the perfect hotel to stay in while in Lafayette.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ImFrmCanada
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I own my own business and I travel on a weekly basis all over the country. When in Lafayette, I ONLY stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Cajundome! Here is why:
1. The staff focuses on making you feel welcome and comfortable. They understand that travel is draining and they go out of their way to make you feel special. It is nice to be recognized when I arrive! If I lived here, these are people that I would like to be friends with!
2. The hotel is clean and attractive. They have installed some new decorative elements in the lobby and housekeeping is on the ball!
3. I rarely sleep well in hotels, but I always get a good nights sleep here at the HGI! I am thinking about buying the same mattress for my bed at home!
4. Even though I said it already, it goes back to the people they have here. For me, the people are the difference! I just want to give a shout out to the front desk staff that look out for me (thanks for the cookies Melanie!).

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Even the ones by the elevator are good. You don't hear the elevator at all...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David H
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2012

When traveling to town for business, this hotel is always a great spot. It's location is good, quiet area and a very warm welcome. The staff is exceptional, always greet me with a smile at the end of the day. I give this Garden Inn top ratings!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business