“Rude Staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I want to begin by stating that I am not one to write negative reviews about different businesses. However, my experience at this hotel has left me so upset that I feel as though I must let it be known. First of all. had I been able to locate an email address on the company's website, I could have addressed this in private. That was not the case, so here goes. I book a room for my husband this past Saturday. We decided to get a King Suite since it was our anniversary. We just wanted to have a nice night away from home. Later that evening I invited a good friend of mine and her gentleman friend over to watch a movie and chat for a while. At approximately 11:04 pm., we received a knock at the door. It was the lady from the front desk. When I opened the door, she proceeded to, very rudely I might add, tell me that she had received a complaint that we were too loud and that if she had to come up here again that she would escort me off of the property. Let's get one thing straight, We could not possibly have been that loud! There was no music, no party, and no fighting. We were just laughing and talking. Perhaps the walls were thin enough that our neighbors could hear our laughter. Now don't get me wrong, if she had called my room and said that we were a bit loud and asked us to lower our voices, I would have completely understood and cooperated. Which I did anyway even though she was rude. But I do not appreciate her speaking to me as if we were some loud and obnoxious teens that were causing all sorts of trouble. I am a paying customer, and a human. I would not have, and did not, speak to her like she was inferior to me. I was sooooo embarrassed in front of my guest. Sadly, the second reason we chose this location was to scope out a nice place for guests to stay along with the bride and groom of a wedding that is scheduled to take place at the Cajundome. A close relative asked me to let her know how our stay was so that she could decide if that would be the best place. I'm sure this is going to change her mind and find another hotel for her out of town guests. This matter could have taken care of better than this. I have never been treated like this before. And I thought that I should share that. I hope that someone looks into this so that it does not happen again. I hope they know how much money they losing because of poorly trained staff members.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lakeisha C
HGILafayette, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Lakeisha,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent visit to our area. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate the quality hospitality you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Awesome, couldn't ask for better for the price. Clean environment, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great deal!!! And Awesome, couldn't ask for better for the price. Clean environment, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great deal!!! So Awesome, couldn't ask for better for the price. Clean environment, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great deal!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here for 1 night when traveling through Louisiana and enjoyed my stay. Check-in was quick, and the room was completely ready. The Kerig coffee maker in my room didn't work, and that was the only problem I had with my stay at all. They gave me a late check out of 1 hour with no hassles. Breakfast was nice, and the server was very friendly and generous with coffee refills. The gym was appropriately cool for cardio, and the machines were in good condition and current models. The cleaning staff even offered to help me with my bags when I exited the room. Really everyone there was so friendly. Two thumbs way up, and I will certainly stay here again with confidence.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cindy C
Reviewed 8 January 2014

It is cold outside; therefore, we could not get any cool air blowing in our room even if the thermastat was on 62 degrees and people were running up and down the halls and making noise all night long. We paid good money for a night of rest and was not able to sleep at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Melanie C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize for the added stress these occurrences may have added to your stay. Please note that I have shared the short-comings you encountered during your stay with the respective team leaders. We take these comments seriously and use them to help us see where we need to improve and update throughout the entire hotel. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is right across from the Cajundome. The rooms are very nice. They have iced tea & lemonade along with cookies all during the day in the lobby. The rooms, friendly staff & amenities make this hotel right for the money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is very nice, very clean, good service but most of all great location. I would highly recommend. Be aware that the breakfast is a flat rate of $9.95. We did not try it because of the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel was very clean, staff friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate in recommending this location again. Convenience access to the Cajun Dome. Parking was plentiful, easy check in and out. Liked side entrance so didn't have to carry luggage through lobby. Side entrance was right next to elevators.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple