Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South
US$147
US$72
US$124
US$111
Pear Tree Inn Lafayette(Lafayette)
US$90
US$84
Hotwire.com
All reviewsoutback steakhousevermillion rivernice view of the riverfront deskyogurtparking lotking suitewould stay againan upgradebreakfast roomenjoyed our stayvery clean hotelblue dogwonderful hotelstaff was very friendlyi highly recommend this hotelnew orleans
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2014

First, the not so good.... Far from the freeway and not in a great part of town... The "river" or "stream" in the back not much to look at.... Kinda smelled. Older facility. Not great, but not bad either.

The good... Breakfast was better than Holiday inn express... Fresh fruit and turkey sausage option. Front desk is friendly....

I think for this city it was okay...1

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank yourfriendelsie
Carla S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for completing our Guest Satisfaction Survey. I have addressed all of your concerns with the staff. Your comments have not gone unnoticed. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I have traveled to Lafayette on business more than once over the past couple of years and this time I elected to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites because my usual hotel choice was fully booked. Having stayed in the Fairfield Inn this time around I wouldn't stay anywhere else in future.

First, the hotel is located in the perfect spot on Pinhook, right next to the Vermillion River, and with an Outback Steakhouse just steps away (where I ate in the evening). My arrival experience was fantastic. The guy at reception was really helpful and friendly, quickly picking up on my English accent to exchange news and view of the UK. There were two other employees at reception as we were chatting away and they chimed in as well, making the whole thing feel like meeting up with old friends (I noticed the same thing going on with the next customer, so I am assured this is just part of their welcoming routine).

My suite was simply marvellous, about as good as any I have stayed in, anywhere. I am being strict with my use of the word suite, which should have a separate living space with a door separating it from the bedroom, which was the configuration I was presented with. The living space had a desk with a small kitchen area (with a microwave and a coffee maker) up one end and a sofa and flat-screen TV at the other end. The lounge window had a good view to the south. The bedroom was spacious, with a king-size bed, a vanity area and a bathroom beyond. It, too, had a window and also a large flat-screen TV and a window facing south. Two modern thermostats controlled the temperature separately for each room.

The inclusive breakfast was really good, with a selection of hot food (scrambled eggs, two types of sausages and country fried potatoes on this occasion), a waffle maker and a range of cereals, pastries, bagles, yoghurt and fruit to choose from. There was also two types of coffee plus de-caffeinated, a range of teas, and a selection of juices and ice-cold water. The breakfast room was uncrowded, and I spent a good 30 minutes enjoying the food and reading the USA Today they provided for me (also free of charge).

My company rate for this hotel is $89 a night, so the whole experience came in just below a hundred bucks; really excellent value, I believe. I will have no hesitation staying here again on my next trip to the Hub City. Why not give it a try if you are traveling to Lafayette?

Room Tip: I was very happy with my south-facing room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OilRover

Thank you for your thoughtful words. You are appreciated!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This Fairfield Inn & Suites was a pleasant surprise - we really appreciated the room, the friendliness of the staff and the surroundings. The suite was clean, had good space and was nice and quiet - I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in the area. The breakfast had everything and was included in the price - coming to Lafayette again I would not hesitate to book it for an even longer period. Thank you

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate your business! Safe travels!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel definitely has helpful and efficient staff. I don't know Lafayette well enough to comment on the location - it is certainly convenient with an Outback and Chilli's within walking distance and a river flowing right behind the hotel. How often do you get a Fairfield Inn with an river view (Odd # rooms) :-)

The room is well laid out - it seems most of the rooms in this hotel are suites. It is the typical Fairfield Inn cheap construction where you can hear your neighbor talking though. Bed is a little soft. My room smelled a little fishy, literally - I am not sure if it is because of the river or the water or what.

The breakfast area is nice and food is well stocked.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Carla S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that we provided quality service that was up to your expectations, and even more delighted that you are letting others know about your experience. Apologies for the deficiencies you mentioned in your review. We will make sure to quickly find solutions to your concerns. If there is anything additional we can do to make your next stay with us more memorable, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Lafayette.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband, daughter and I enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Fairfield Inn. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. We were upgraded to a suite and it was very spacious and comfortable. There was a microwave and mini refrigerator in the suite. Breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, sausage links, waffles, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, etc. The location is very convenient to restaurants - try the Blue Dog Café just a few blocks away. We'll stay here again next time we're back in Lafayette!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelIntl

Thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. We are pleased to know that we provided quality service that was up to your expectations, and even more delighted that you are letting others know about your experience. Also, we're happy to see you took advantage of some of the wonderful dining near our hotel. If there is anything additional we can do to make your next stay with us more memorable, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in Lafayette.