“Pleasant stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A one night stop to catch an early flight at o-dark thirty... The desk attendant was friendly accomodating, handled special requests as if I was staying there for weeks. Asked for a restaurant reccomendation, sent me to a great sports bar that had a clear bayou influence in the menu. Checked out at 0415, no one at the desk, had to call to have an invoice emailed to me. Other than that, this review would be a 5.

Room Tip: one night stay, on 2nd floor toward the back of the hotel, had a nice view of the river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Carla S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for selecting Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South as your lodging choice. We know that you have many lodging choices in Lafayette. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Lafayette. Carla Savage, G.M.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stopped in Lafayette for overnight as we were exploring the Cajun Country. Nice economy hotel. Staff was helpful, room and all areas were clean and well maintained.Breakfast was ok for the hotel offering. WiFi was very useful for us. Pool is inside with a sitting area (small) outdoors.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1CabanaBoy
Carla S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to respond to our Guest Satisfaction Survey. I sincerely want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We know you have many options in the Lafayette area. We hope to see you again in the near future. Carla Savage, General Manager.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel itself was fine. The problem was that I was here on business. When I checked in I asked about the rewards program I was told by the front desk that I was already signed up, so I thought Wow that is service. I was staying 20 nights and the clerk told me that I would move up to silver elite statis with this one stay. So when I tried to get my information about my points now that I am planning another trip Marriot told me that one of the other guests claimed mt room and his room for the points and I am just out of luck. They said guests can claim two rooms. I don't understand how this is allowable under the program rules. Will never stay with Marriott again. Hilton has much better customer service.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank BethanyTheriot
Carla S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Bethany this is the first time I am hearing that you had a problem. I certainly want to give you the Marriott Reward points that you deserve. I am sure that we simply have the incorrect Marriott Reward number. Marriott's Reward program is a fantastic program and used by many of our members. I would like to speak to you directly so that we can quickly resolve any concern that you may have. Please contact me @ 337-233-5558 or via email @ carla.thompson@marriott.com. I await your response. Carla Thompson Savage, G.M.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Spent the night on a trip to Houston. The hotel room was clean when we arrived. The toilet would not flush and the tv did not work. The staff corrected these both right away. The gentleman at the front desk was attentive and courteous. Wife and I enjoyed sitting at the pool. The pool is right by the river. We had three teens with us and the room with two queens and a sleeper couch fit us well. The kids could all watch one tv while the adults watched another. The Outback and Chili's are right by the hotel. A little off the interstate but a very nice place to stay in Lafayette.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Lafayette.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Facility was very clean and location was very easy to get to. Only thing I figured it being a hotel made by Marriott it would have had better looking hall ways; the wallpaper was coming down and held by tape. Breakfast was great and staff was very nice . Late check in and had no problems at all !

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for staying with us. You are greatly appreciated! Carla Savage, G.M.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a nice, modern property. Room was very clean and housekeeping definitely paid attention to details. The front desk attendants were very friendly and very efficient, it took less than a minute to get my room key and be on my way to the elevator. The breakfast buffet was impressive and extensive compared to other similar class hotels I have stayed at. I will not hesitate to come back to this property when I visit Lafayette again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you for staying with us. Carla Savage, G.M>

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My rule of thumb on how to judge how well a property is maintained is to look at the carpet in hallway and cleanliness of the elevator. In both of these respects this property passed with flying colors! We found this place to be very clean and well maintained. Everything was in good working order. The staff was efficient and friendly. They offered good tips on the Lafayette music scene. If you don’t want venture downtown for some authentic Cajun food there is an Outback next door and a Chilis down the street. The hotel is a standard Fairfield which to us is a good thing because we find Fairfield’s to be a good value. This place is no exception. It is not that hard to drive to the hotel. Just turn right off of the 90 onto Kaliste Saloom. Then after a couple of miles turn right on Pinhook. There is a light just in front of the bridge. Here turn left into the property. Easy. The breakfast looked pretty good. I did not eat there so I don’t know its quality. The hotel is close to many of the sites of Lafayette. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M

Thank you for taking a moment to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. Your comments are important to us. Carla Savage, G.M.