“Disagreed with Tripadvisor on this one”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 17 November 2008

We booked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews which are usually spot on. Missed this time! There is absolutely nothing special about this place. It's very utilitarian...camp furniture, crowded bedroom, noisy bed, water damage on lower walls in bathroom. We saw at least three new hotels going up (and a nearby Hilton that looked appealing); so check things out before checking in here.

The staff were friendly though.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trustmeonthis

Reviewed 18 October 2008

Wonderful stay, beautiful view of Vermillion Bayou from room.
King suite was excellent, bed very comfortable, nicely decorated.
Lots of choice for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank downey
Reviewed 24 September 2008

We reserved a room at the Fairfield Inn after reading tripadvisor reviews. We were in SW Louisiana to hear zydeco and cajun music over Labor Day weekend. The hotel is clean and the staff are great. It's a new hotel so it doesn't have a lot of charm but it's very comfortable. What really impressed us, however, was how they handled things when we found out Hurricane Gustav was headed right for Lafayette -- they said they'd let us extend our stay even though they were booked solid with New Orleans evaucuees. When we later got a flight out of town with about 3 hours notice, they gave us a full refund. Corporate hotel with small town sensibilities.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yabolo
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We enjoyed two nights during our road trip this year. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly, the rooms new and large. We overpacked so needed to use the luggage cart. Good parking, safe location, rear view of the scenic river. Great place, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walker S
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Great hotel; very safe and clean; good staff and breakfast; wonderful river views and good pool and workout room. Stayed here with 3 kids on a road trip and would definitely stay again. Stay in a lot of hotels in this price range and would give this a best of class. However, there was a wedding at the hotel the night we stayed and the people above us did not get quiet until 2-3am. I called the front desk, and they discounted the room 1/2 off. You cannot go wrong with this hotel but ask for a "quiet" room :)

Oh, and stay very FAR away from the Mexican restaurant called El Tequila across the street. Simply awful.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank DrDaddy69
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We spent two nights at this location for a weekend getaway. First, let me say, I hate motels. I try to avoid them. With that said, I can say this was a truly enjoyable stay. The view from our window looked on Bayou Vermillion. The room was nicely furnished, CLEAN, and a somewhat firm but comfortable bed.

The hotel facilities were above average, nicely decorated and again CLEAN.

The room was quiet and we slept soundly.We will definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2008

Traveling on business to Lafayette, I primarily chose the Fairfield Inn South in Lafayette based on the review I read on TripAdvisor. My corporate travel agency at first recommended another hotel, but I quickly changed to this location and I am very thankful I did.

Extremely clean - new appliances, bedding and room furniture, the attached picture is the view I had out my back window. Granted, had I had a view of the street, I would have had a major street in Lafayette and the nearby Outback, but I was fortunate enough to have this view instead. WOW!

I am about to start traveling to Lafayette on a regular basis and cannot imagine even trying another location. In fact, I won't because this hotel was above par in cleanliness, friendly staff, easy location access, etc., etc.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business