“Good hotel, great service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Houston, Texas
“Good hotel, great service”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel twice during the month of August for business meetings. The hotel is comparable to most of the others around in terms of amenities. There is a small meeting room, fitness room with two threadmills, yoga mats and some free weights. The hotel provides free wifi which is very fast and works well. I was definitely impressed. The breakfast was standard with an assortment of fruits, breads, cereal and yogurt. There was also waffles, and pastries available. There is a small pantry at the front desk where you can get TV meals, drinks for purchase.

I stayed both in a regular room and a suite. All rooms are relatively modern and come with a microwave and mini fridge. I would recommend the suite since its minimal increase in cost and much more room. The hotel itself is far enough away from the road that there is no noise so you can get a good nights sleep if you are a light sleeper.

The thing that makes this hotel stand out is the customer service. From the time I checked in, I met with warm and friendly service. The checkin process wash very efficient.
I would definitely stay here again if I come back for another meeting

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Rory R
Carla S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this review, 4 October 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. You area greatly appreciated! Carla Savage, G.M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I had originally booked the Hilton across the street and after I received my room keys the nightmare began. Elevator hot as H-E-double hockey sticks, carpet in hallway coming up and creating trip hazards galore, stains on walls, water stains from leaky pipes and the non smoking room smelt like a beer joint so I got my refund and ran out as fast as I could with the wife, 5 kids and Grandma in tow. To make a long story shorter we found ourselves across the street in what I would describe as heaven. Thanks to all at Fairfield inn and suites.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank WilleeRoy
The staff at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South would like to thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit with us. Carla Savage, G.M.
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A one night stop to catch an early flight at o-dark thirty... The desk attendant was friendly accomodating, handled special requests as if I was staying there for weeks. Asked for a restaurant reccomendation, sent me to a great sports bar that had a clear bayou influence in the menu. Checked out at 0415, no one at the desk, had to call to have an invoice emailed to me. Other than that, this review would be a 5.

Room Tip: one night stay, on 2nd floor toward the back of the hotel, had a nice view of the river.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Carla S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for selecting Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South as your lodging choice. We know that you have many lodging choices in Lafayette. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Lafayette. Carla Savage, G.M.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stopped in Lafayette for overnight as we were exploring the Cajun Country. Nice economy hotel. Staff was helpful, room and all areas were clean and well maintained.Breakfast was ok for the hotel offering. WiFi was very useful for us. Pool is inside with a sitting area (small) outdoors.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1CabanaBoy
Carla S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to respond to our Guest Satisfaction Survey. I sincerely want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We know you have many options in the Lafayette area. We hope to see you again in the near future. Carla Savage, General Manager.
Leesville, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel itself was fine. The problem was that I was here on business. When I checked in I asked about the rewards program I was told by the front desk that I was already signed up, so I thought Wow that is service. I was staying 20 nights and the clerk told me that I would move up to silver elite statis with this one stay. So when I tried to get my information about my points now that I am planning another trip Marriot told me that one of the other guests claimed mt room and his room for the points and I am just out of luck. They said guests can claim two rooms. I don't understand how this is allowable under the program rules. Will never stay with Marriott again. Hilton has much better customer service.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank BethanyTheriot
Carla S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Bethany this is the first time I am hearing that you had a problem. I certainly want to give you the Marriott Reward points that you deserve. I am sure that we simply have the incorrect Marriott Reward number. Marriott's Reward program is a fantastic program and used by many of our members. I would like to speak to you directly so that we can quickly resolve any concern that you may have. Please contact me @ 337-233-5558 or via email @ carla.thompson@marriott.com. I await your response. Carla Thompson Savage, G.M.
Calera, Alabama
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Spent the night on a trip to Houston. The hotel room was clean when we arrived. The toilet would not flush and the tv did not work. The staff corrected these both right away. The gentleman at the front desk was attentive and courteous. Wife and I enjoyed sitting at the pool. The pool is right by the river. We had three teens with us and the room with two queens and a sleeper couch fit us well. The kids could all watch one tv while the adults watched another. The Outback and Chili's are right by the hotel. A little off the interstate but a very nice place to stay in Lafayette.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Lafayette.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Facility was very clean and location was very easy to get to. Only thing I figured it being a hotel made by Marriott it would have had better looking hall ways; the wallpaper was coming down and held by tape. Breakfast was great and staff was very nice . Late check in and had no problems at all !

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for staying with us. You are greatly appreciated! Carla Savage, G.M.