“The best of the best! Simply AMAZING!!!”
Review of Blue Dog Cafe

Blue Dog Cafe
Ranked #4 of 566 Restaurants in Lafayette
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lafayette, LA
“The best of the best! Simply AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Tonight we went to Blue Dog Café. It’s always good but tonight was an exception to good. It was nowhere near good….. IT WAS AMAZING!!! This was the best meal I’ve ever had at the Blue Dog Café, and I’ve had many. This was the best meal I can remember. Maybe this was the best meal I’ve ever had in Lafayette…MAYBE THE BEST MEAL IN MY LIFE!

So what did I have? Shrimp and Alligator Alfredo over Angel Hair Pasta. Oh my goodness it was AMAZING!!! The Pasta was cooked perfectly to provide a base for the rest of the meal. The Alfredo sauce was not your normal Alfredo. Being honest I have no idea what they did different. I have been trying to figure that out for the past couple hours. I make an amazing Alfredo and mine is not within miles of what I ate tonight. The shrimp and Alligator were both perfect. Cooked and put in a sauce. More than enough of both, and to be honest there is no way they could have put too much. Mix it all together and you have one AMAZING MEAL. The bread was also fantastic and when I was done using the bread to wipe up every drop of the sauce my plate was so clean it could have been used immediately to serve another meal!

Prior to the entrée I had a cup of the Corn and Crab Bisque. I make the best bisque in the world with one exception….Blue Dog’s Corn and Crab Bisque is unbeatable. The old Lafayette’s restaurant had a good one, maybe the closest to Blue Dog in a restaurant…but it was nowhere near as good as Blue Dog’s!!!

I love this restaurant. I love the buffets they have on holidays and special events. I love so many things on the menu (especially the soups/bisques), but what I had tonight was over the top AMAZING!!!

I think I said the meal was AMAZING at least 5 times and that is not enough. Did I mention that the prices are more than fair, and the service was excellent, and the atmosphere is fun and sophisticated at the same time! Wow!!! This meal was AMAZING!!!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank bandman

Houston
“Bad Service Uncaring Manager”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was seated in the back room with only three other tables occupied. I waited, and waited. No on came by my table. A group of 4 was seated and three servers hovered over them. The were being served their drink orders and no one had even come by my table. I walked to the front and asked for the manager. She was busy chit chatting with an employee about their personal lives so I had to wait. When she finally turned to talk to me, I explained the above. After a period of silence and no response from her I said maybe I should go elsewhere. She said "OK" and turned her back to me. She could have cared less.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Harvana
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Lunch in Lafayette”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A good place for lunch. A very nice restaurant, good and varied menu, good quality food, and good service.

• Visited July 2014
Anaheim, California
“A bit of a disappointment....”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A California gal and a Massachusetts gal walk into a restaurant to find some phenomenal Cajun food. They didn't find it here. Nothing really made us stand up and cheer, although the corn and crab chowder was good. Service was a bit lacking as well. Doubt we will be back....

• Visited July 2014
“Sunday Brunch - some of the best food in Acadiana”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The food is great here all around, but the Sunday brunch is out of this world. Bring a big appetite and time for a slow afternoon! The food is high quality and truly worth the money. Some of my favorites: prime rib, sweet potato casserole, crawfish enchiladas, creamed spinach, crab cake... and more. Also, the bread pudding here is excellent (bourbon) and is on the buffet, but ask the waiter to bring some from the kitchen and they will. The mimosa's aren't made with your fancy champagne but they are a great addition to the fun of this unique place.