“Blue Dog is Yummy”
Review of Blue Dog Cafe

Blue Dog Cafe
Ranked #4 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Description: Traditional & fusion Cajun cuisine, as well as seafood, steaks, bisque & salads. All food is prepped from scratch.
Carencro
“Blue Dog is Yummy”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

You can't beat the atmosphere or food at Blue Dog Cafe! The Sunday brunch is AMAZING. The prime rib is my favorite. They have the best bread pudding anywhere. I love the Santillo salad for lunch. Salad with fried shrimp and a crab cake, too. For appetizers the crawfish wontons can't be beat. My favorite soup is the corn and crab bisque.

houston
“If there Had Not Been A Check, I'd Have Thought They Were Playing A Joke.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

While traveling through Lafayette, and having it recommended by a local, we decided to stop at the Blue Dog for lunch. I ordered stuffed shrimp which is my favorite. What a shock! The three shrimp were as thick as a hotdog and only half as long. It had very little stuffing, and I could barely see the shrimp. This meal was like nothing I had ever eaten. The crust was thick, course, and hard, They were fried to the point of being very dry and almost and just short of being burned. I wish I were less of a wimp and had had the nerve to send the meal back to the kitchen (but I never do). My companions were not happy with their meals either. It was unbelievable that they would serve food of such low quality, and when I ordered the waitress told me that I had made a good choice. I guess the locals like the food. The place was packed.
On the positive side, the corn and fries were good.
This place was packed with patrons.

1 Thank houston99
Nashville, TN
“Was I there on a bad night?”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Blue Dog Cafe was highly recommended.. However it did not come across that way to me. The greeter was extremely rude because I came in 5 minutes before they started seating. She did not even want me to go to the bar, where there where already many people. Finally I was seated next to where the band was setting up and sat there. I finally got up and walked to the bar to get a drink. Twenty minutes later, after never being approach by wait staff, I ask a busboy if there was a waiter in this area. He finally brought someone to serve me. I began with an "award winning" appetizer that was soggy. I ended my dinner there.

Tampa, Florida
“Great accidental find”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We were moving from Texas to Florida and just happened to stay in lafayette for the night. Stumbled upon this place by accident. The parking lot was full so we figured what the heck?

Food was excellent. Great menu. Big portions. Great quality. Great service.

What more could you ask for?

Visited August 2014
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Big and Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I broke up a 12-day gastro-vacation to New Orleans a road trip up to Baton Rouge and Lafayette. The tour books and even several culinary tour guides back in Nawlins recommended the Blue Dog Café. I was not disappointed.

I tried the grilled shrimp remoulade appetizer, which came with six very tasty large shrimp with sauce on a small salad bed. I also very much enjoyed their "Treasures of the Bayou" herbed white wine cream bisque with a seafood wanton floating on top. The seafood wantons is a separate appetizer, and would be a great alternate choice, but this gave a chance to try both. I went for the fried seafood platter, mainly for the diversity of foods served.

Altogether a really big and enjoyable meal.

• Visited July 2014