“Great location for zydeco dancing”

Howard Johnson Lafayette
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The HJ is clean and quiet. The location is great for getting to all of the dance venues. There is an Albertson's nearby for food and drink. The rooms all have fridges and microwaves, which come in handy, especially for longer stays.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sternsl
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Lafayette

Reviewed 5 April 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights while visiting our son. The room was large and the bed very comfortable! It was nice having a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot too! The hotel sits back off the road a little bit which helps with traffic noise. It was nice because it's family run so you see the owners every day instead of different people all the time. We will definitely stay there again the next time we need a room in Lafayette!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank psims_panama
Reviewed 10 January 2011

I researched this hotel befoe booking and most of the reviews were right on. We stayed at this Ho Jo for 5 nights from dec 27 2010 until Jan 1 2011. Wheb we first entered the room I couldn't believe it, it smeeled clean not like a hotel clean but like you just cleaned your house. the room was spacious, had a fridge, microwave, coffee pot, the tv had many channels. The bed was firm but nice and thebathroom was clean and inviting. I don't think you could find a better room for the price. (approx $55.00). The next time we travel to Lafayette we will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bg_32363
Reviewed 28 December 2010

As several others have pointed out, the made-over room was very nice. And it was a terrific value for $60 (weeknight). We only stayed one night but liked the close proximity to I-10, yet it was far enough away from the highway (about a mile North) to not hear it through the night. There are several good restaurants nearby (we ate at Prejeans) and there was a nice Lafayette area Visitors Center about a mile to the south on Evangeline Thruway. The Continental Breakfast was very basic, but there was plenty choices when we arrived about 8:15 AM.

The only thing that can be construed as a criticism is the water in the shower/tub was not as hot we would have wished.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
howardjohnsonlft, Manager at Howard Johnson Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2011

Thank you very much for your positive comments.
We really do appreciate your time telling us how we are doing.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

I'm not a big fan of HoJo properties as I've been sadly disappointed more than satisfied when I've stayed with them. I read a variety of reviews about this property and most folks said it is a great property - I completely agree. We spent five nights at this motel and for comfort and cleanliness, it ranks right at the top. The family that owns and operates the motel have pride in their property - and it shows. We had a super AARP rate and for even double the price, this motel would be a find. Having visited Lafayette a number of times and stayed in a variety of motels - this is the best of the lot. We will definitely her on our next visit to Lafayette

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rjnjjwa

It's continued satisfied guests like you who keeps up motivated in providing top-notch accommodation to each and every one of our guests.
Thank you very much for your time and positive comments. We really do appreciate it!

Reviewed 2 April 2010

Relatively new hotel completed in 2008, Appears to be family owned and operated. Good location.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Righttime

You are our 100% priority and your review really helps us to continue giving the best service to all our friends.
Thank you very much for your time and positive comments.

Reviewed 18 August 2009

Upon making the reservation with my company I was advise to stay in a more "reputable hotel" but I decided against it. I have to say that from the moment I pulled in to the moment I left I was blown away! I recently paid more than double to stay in a hotel that was no where near as clean and nice as this one! I am not one to write reviews as I tell myself I am always too busy BUT these people fully deserve a pat on the back for a job well done! I will be staying in Lafayette once a week and I will book this Howard Johnson everytime I am there..family friendly as well! Proof that you don't have to spend a fortune to stay somewhere nice! FYI for the people liek me who tote the xbox360 everywhere..nice component connection TV'`s in the room as well!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob0436

Thank you for your kind remarks. We enjoyed having you as our guests and trust you will think of us again on your return visit to Lafayette.

Your comments allow us to gain credible insight to efforts we make in pursuing excellence.