Howard Johnson Lafayette
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$146
US$103
Home2.com
US$105
US$102
Pear Tree Inn Lafayette(Lafayette)
US$90
Orbitz.com
All reviewscoffee potthe room was niceventcleanlinesstub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We chose the HoJo as a cheap and convenient motel as part of our road trip along the Gulf of Mexico. It is located just off the I-10 on the southbound carriageway heading into town.

The room was clean and well soundproofed from the traffic nearby. Unfortunately the bathroom fan is loud enough to wake anyone from their slumber. In fact, the bathroom was poor in general. The fittings were loose and the bath uncomfortable.

The television was an old CRT that seemed to work well. The bed firm and comfortable and we were given a coffee machine and microwave. The lighting wasn't great either. I found that throughout the week, the hotels are starting to use low power bulbs that do make it awkward to read.

The breakfast was basic but this does give you the excuse to try something Cajun elsewhere.

In conclusion, you get what you pay for at HoJo and not a penny more.

Room Tip: The higher the room number, the further away from the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I will never stay at this hotel ever again nor will i ever recommend this place to anyone. I stayed here for my wedding night and it turned out horriable. You can hear everything going on outside of your room; not quiet at all! The staff is very rude and unprofessional! After i had checked out the front desk called me and called me a "theaf" and said that i had "stole" a pillow. When i walked out my room all things were accounted for, even the unused shampoo and lotion. Instead of checking the sheets that housekeeping ripped off the bed when i just walked out they automatically charged me. Never again will i return!

Room Tip: Keep looking; Don't even stay here
Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda B
howardjohnsonlft, Manager at Howard Johnson Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Hello,
Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn Lafayette during your recent travels to our neighborhood. Thank you for sharing your concern but our housekeepers are trained to take inventory with a checklist once every guest checks out of the hotel. Four pillows are set on a room with one king bed, after you checked out there were only 3 and with 3 pillows it isnt possible for the housekeeping to make the bed because it would offset the sets we provide our housekeeping with to make the bed. We are sorry you feel this way.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I've stayed here many times and have recommended the hotel. I was a little ticked off this past time, however, due to a 9:30 am call. I had put the "do not disturb" sign on the door as I had been out dancing until around 2 am. The front desk called at 9:30 to ask whether or not I would be wanting the room cleaned. I guess that the cleaning staff leaves at 12. Wouldn't it have been better to wait until around 11:30 and then if I had not left, called then?? My recommendation is that if you plan on staying out late and want to sleep late, let the front desk staff know before you go to bed!

Room Tip: I always prefer upstairs for safety. Also, you don't have to listen to people in the parking lot talking or shouting.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sternsl
Reviewed 21 October 2011

This hotel was clean, quiet, and had comfortable beds. The breakfast didn't have much of a variety.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Connie S
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The Lafayette Howard Johnson represents the new, upgraded environment that HoJo's seems to be adopting since the chain was acquired by the Wydham Group. This motel offers a surprising level of comfort and class. The location is convenient for visitors to Lafayette, and not far from the interstate for those passing through. The prices were better than most competitors offering more basic rooms. The rooms were large, clean and well appointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends