“Hotel was claen and neat. Noise from busy road was an...”

Howard Johnson Lafayette

1  Thank rah4346
Reviewed 21 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I was traveling home from Biloxi, MS when my Tahoe broke down and I secured a rental at the local airport to make it home to TX. I had the hotel for all of 4 hours (1 hr sleep) b4 I had to head back out. They charged me $15 for a trash can! I do not steal! And they will not reverse the charge. I know for a fact, after searching for 5 minutes for a trash can to put my food wrappers in, that there was only one in the entire room; under the bathroom counter. I am livid. I have no need for your cheap trash can. I have plenty in my 3,000sqft lake house (not bragging, just making a point). They lure you in with cheap prices, just to charge you for something they accuse you of stealing, which puts their prices in line with their better competitors. I've seen this happen a few times on here. I demand this be refunded to me. I usually stay in suites anywhere I go, but knew I'd be there for only a few hours. I can't justify spending $130 on 4 hours of sleep. When I called them the third time, they said they would look at the security footage and get back with me. I'm calling them tomorrow. This will never happen again. I will pay the extra money for my normal hotel if it means I do not get treated like a thief.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ivyrae81
Reviewed 22 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Travellers also viewed these Lafayette hotels
Quality Inn & Suites
Best Western Lafayette Inn
Best Western Lafayette Inn
#15 of 50 in Lafayette
Baymont Inn & Suites Lafayette Airport

Been to Howard Johnson Lafayette? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Lafayette

Address: 2215 NW Evangeline Trwy, Lafayette, LA 70501-1137
Region: United States > Louisiana > Lafayette Parish > Lafayette
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Price Range: £40 - £54 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Lafayette 2*
Free high-speed wireless Internet, brand standard complimentary breakfast, newly constructed outdoor pool, AAA approved, microwave in all rooms, hairdryers in every room, free weekday newspaper in all rooms, clock and coffee maker in every room, refrigerator in all rooms, iron and board in every room, extended cable TV package, suites available, free local calls, guest laundromat on site, over-sized rooms available, wake-up service, taxi and public transportation available, electric locks and more. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lafayette Howard Johnson