“Do not stay here”

Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I arrived on Friday , Checked in only to find stains on the bed spred. The bathroom had no toilet paper holder. The center was missing. I took pictures of this and showed the desk clerk when I left for dinner. When I returned the bed spred was changed. Saturday morning I went to get coffee and the machine was out.I asked the desk clerk and was informed the other employee had the key and they could not get to the coffee. This had not been fixed on Sunday.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Dan C,

Thank you for staying with us. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Good stay great value clean Marketing director very friendly and helpful Front desk could have been more interested.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The room was clean. It was very quiet. We were next to an elevator shaft so I was afraid that we would hear the elevator running all night. But even with a full house, no elevator noise and we had a very good night's sleep. The staff was most gracious and helpful.
One criticism--our room was listed as "handicapped (or wheelchair) accessible" There was a threshold into the sleeping area and a threshold into the bathroom. The toilet was a garden variety low toilet, not a high handicapped one.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank polarstar
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We enjoy the convenience of a kitchen that such extended stay hotels offer, and this was one of the very best that we found. The rooms are very clean and well appointed and quite quiet for an inexpensive hotel. The fitness center was an added bonus, as was the helpful, friendly approach of the staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosecrans
Reviewed 19 December 2011

What a wonderful place to stay. Quiet, nice place to walk dogs on side of hotel, clean, great staff! 2 Thumbs up. Please see my comments about West Wego for more about my stays at a Candlewood Suites

Room Tip: Choose the side of the hotel away from the road, it's very quiet!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2011

So everything about this says great value...only $65+tax for a king room w/kitchen on a Saturday night...ok so we were super siked until I got in my room an realized the clerk gave us a queen room even though I had already paid for a king on their site...so I tell her and she tells me they dnt hv any more kings even though I booked one...so I clearly explained that the site says my room was guaranteed and if not wld b free...so she places me on hold and comes back only to tell me theres a king room available a few doors down...huh some service...other than that the stay was wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Louisianamrs
Kay W, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you very much for your comments about your November, 2011 stay. I apologize on behalf of the hotel and team for the confusion over your room reservation. The staff members that were employed during the time of your stay are no longer a part of the hotel team. The new management and staff are extremely professional, courteous and work very hard to make sure that each guest has a positive experience while at Candlewood Suites.

I do hope you will stay with us again and see the improvements for yourself.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here this weekend for a military function. We've stayed at this hotel off and on since it opened a few years ago. The location is great in that it is kinda in a central location from everything we like to do. I'm don't know if management is different or what but it seems like this hotel is aging fast. Rooms are equiptment with microwaves and refridgerators which is always nice. When I first walked into our room friday my husband had to catch me because my feet slipped out from under me. At first we thought it was the floor sweating from the humidity and massive heat outside. We set the air down low and left for about 3 hours. Again, when I walked in, my feet slid! There is build up of something on the floor that desperately needs to be taken care of. We had a huge king size bed and 3 tiny little pillows. I got more pillows from the front desk. There was water dripping from the light switch in the bathroom which made me afraid to turn the switch on! The flat screen TV also did not work properly. Each time you tried to turn on the TV it took 3 tries! The remote would not work, neither would turning it on/off on the side of the TV. With the static and the loud volume we had to unplug it from the wall do turn it off. Overall this hotel is stilla good value but it's disappointing to see how fast it seems to be going down. We are prioroity club members and previosuly loved this hotel but we may opt to staying at other club hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsEllen67

Thank you so much for your comments. I apologize that you had problems with the slippery floors and rest assured that we have changed cleaning products and alleviated the problem. We have also replaced problem televisions and remotes. We are currently refurbishing the exterior with new exterior lighting and new landscaping. In addition, we have freshened up the lobby area with new furniture.

The Candlewood Suites team hopes to see you on your next visit to Lafayette. Again, that you for your comments, they are greatly appreciated!