“I LOVE THIS HOTEL”

Ranked #33 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Katy, Texas
“I LOVE THIS HOTEL”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I'm not sure what the last 2 reviews were all about. I have been staying at this hotel every week for almost a year, and have never experienced the issues they wrote about. The hotel is ALWAYS clean, and the staff is ALWAYS warm, helpful and friendly. I think they might have reviewed the wrong hotel. The hotel could use some refreshing, but it definitely does not appear to be 15-20 years old, nor is anything falling apart. As far as ice machines, every room has an icemaker in it, so someone must just be too lazy to make their own. Don't believe what you read, stay at the hotel and make your own decision. The location is perfect, the price is fair, and in my opinion, the staff is fantastic.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you so much Marc J for your review of our hotel. Your kind words and defense of our hotel mean alot to me and my staff. We appreciate your loyalty, and are so glad that your experiences with our hotel have been positive for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Lafayette!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Not impressed with the value, carpet was grungy, mildew smell in bathroom. Bed was really good.
For price stay across the street at springhill suites.
The entire property needs updating, location is good.

Room Tip: First floor on end away from street
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issues you detailed in your posting. We pride ourselves on providing a clean, up to date hotel with friendly and professional service. I am sorry that your experience with us did not reflect those values. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Although our hotel is barely 5 years old, you will be happy to know that we will begin a refresh of the hotel in the next couple of months. Thank you for staying with us and we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is perfect example of hotel in decline. Looks to be 15 to 20 years old. Exterior looks good. Public area is not clean. Staff not professional. Elevator floor sticky. No ice machines. Don't bother. Much better suite hotel down the street for $30 more.

Room Tip: Do not stay there.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issues you detailed in your posting. We pride ourselves on providing a clean, up to date hotel with friendly and professional service. I am sorry that your experience with us did not reflect those values. Our property is only 5 years old, so your comments about it appearing to be 15-20 years old concerned me. We also have a full time housekeeper whose only job is to clean our public areas, so I am also quite shocked about your comments regarding our public areas. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
San Diego
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We'll be back this next week. We love our stay here because they are so nice and pet friendly. I go with my hubby to his work training and its a great hotel that seems like a home. LOVE the big frig--because I take only organic doggie food :D You can walk to several local eateries that are delicious!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you L2Design for your review of our hotel. We are grateful for guests like you who take the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We love our guests, and I am so happy that we make you and your family pet feel welcome! That is what we strive for! I will pass your comments on to our team, as I know they will appreciate you recognizing their hard work. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Lafayette.
Wetumpka, Alabama
Reviewed 28 January 2013

It was my mom's 84th birthday and we wanted to stay near her. We made reservations online and were so impressed with the whole experience. The checkin was flawless...a nice young man. The room was clean and bed is set up away from hallway which is great for noise disturbances. We were across from ice machine (always a no-no) and we never heard it. The room was nicely dark for sleeping, bed was very comfortable, pillows were great, and we slept like babies. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in the area. It was a great experience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are grateful for guests like you who take the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We love our guests, and I am so happy that we made you feel welcome and comfortable during your stay at our property. That is what we strive for! I will pass your comments on to our team, as I know they will appreciate you recognizing their hard work. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in town.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We recently passed through Lafayette and stopped for the night. We found this hotel online while searching for pet friendly establishments. There is a pet fee involved, but we were willing to pay, as our pets are our family. When we arrived, the employee that checked us in not only offered us pet treats, but volunteered to walk our pet while we unloaded the car!!! What a wonderful gesture. We left early the next morning as we still had a long drive ahead of us. The room as a whole was quiet and comfortable. Candlewood has earned our business for future stays when we travel with our "family".

Room Tip: Pet fee is worth the service!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you Nosilla36 for your review of our hotel. We are grateful for guests like you who take the time out of their busy schedules to review our property. I am thrilled that my front desk agent went over and beyond to take care of your pet. Candlewood prides itself on taking care of the entire family - including the 4 legged ones! I will pass your comments on to our team, as I know they will appreciate you recognizing their hard work. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Lafayette.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I only began using TripAdvisor just last year because I was tired of reading reviews from people who claimed their experiences were the "be all, end all" for whatever they were doing. You hardly ever get a chance to read something good.

Well, I am a repeat guest at this property. I have been staying with this hotel for sometime now and I can tell you they go out of their way to take care of me. AND, at no time during my stay did I witness anything less for any other guest.

I would categorize myself as self-sufficient and not needing a lot of the amenities you get at full service hotels. But here, I get personal attention every time I walk through the lobby. I am greeted by name, always asked how my stay is and if there is anything else they can do for me, and I always get a quiet, clean, comfortable room! There is really nothing more I could ask for.

Thank you, Candlewood Suites of Lafayette, for making my stays excellent!

Room Tip: The hotel faces a very busy road; however, even when I stayed in rooms on this side, the road noise...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Suzette M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lafayette River Ranch, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Thank you ShellBelly69 for your review of our hotel. We are grateful for guests like you who take the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We love our guests, and I am so happy that we make you feel welcome each and every time you stay at our property. That is what we strive for! I will pass your comments on to our team, as I know they will appreciate you recognizing their hard work. We look forward to taking care of you the next time you are in Lafayette.