“Good EVERY time! Establishment well managed!”
Review of Mc Alister's Deli

Mc Alister's Deli
Ranked #140 of 573 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 3 August 2013

McAlister's Deli is one of my wife and daughter's favorite places to eat. They request this establishment at least once a week, usually more often. McAlister's is 6.9 miles from home. We pass many good places to get here. Why? Because McAlister's is good every time, the service is always friendly, and the manager at this location is so on top of her game that you are guaranteed to have a good experience.

McAlister's Deli is exactly what you would expect from any establishment like this. Well made sandwiches and tasty soups at a price just above what you would pay at a fast food place. You get refills, sit down service, and a very nice atmosphere.

The food at this McAlister's is super consistent. We have been coming here for ten years and never had a bad meal. The soups are great, especially the chicken tortilla. I am somewhat of a picky eater and I often ask for changes to be made on the sandwiches. They will leave things off, add things, and change cheeses with no problem. Only once has there ever been a mistake on an order for us, and we have been here hundreds of times.

Last but not least, I must mention the attention of the manager to the patrons, and the respectful manner in which she instructs her staff. We ear out a lot, just look at the number of reviews I have posted. The manager here makes her way through the dining room, forms relationships with regulars that makes us feel at home. I love when a staff member makes a mistake. This manager takes teachable moments and uses them to make her staff stronger without belittling them. I've been in the store hundreds of times and never heard her use louder than a professional voice with her staff. She is EXCELLENT in every way.

I love this location of McAlister's. I find most McAlister's to be well run in all the cities we visit, but I have never been to one that is nicer than the Lafayette McAlister's. I would only ask that they build a second location on the west end of town and move this manager to that location. That way I would not need to travel as far to go to one of our favorite places.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Lunch for 4, $39. One of our favorite lunch stops on a Saturday or Sunday. Italian salad was yummy, the Reuben is always great, and I love the potato salad.

Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Love the selections here. Moderately priced. Great selections. Food is always consistent. Considering its a counter-service restaurant, service is decent.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

The sweet tea here is AMAZING! They have really good spuds and sandwiches too!!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Nice variety, fast service, convenient location for me.