“Best and beyond normal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
“Best and beyond normal”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We have walked out of other Carrabbas (Savannah, Ga.) but would only give this Carrabbas a 6 out of 5. The Owner/Proprietor has a well groomed staff and well-oiled kitchen, bar, and wait staff that takes dining to an extra ordinary experience. Without notice or fanfare my wife and I were given four separate sampler portions of new menu items to taste and comment on. This was nice, by itself, but the kitchen staff, owner, and wait staff were truely interested in our impressions, and, very enjoyable to chat and a pleasure to dine amoungst.

We were not rushed, felt totally looked after and cared for, and, watching the staff and owner, our treatment was not unusual.

The food? It's Carrabbas, new menu, but all the classics survive and the new items were a treat to experience. I'm not going to say try this, or that, but EVERYTHING offered would be on our order list in future visits.

Chains, are chains, are chains, but not so in Lafayette. I am tough on resturants, my cooking is loved by most, but I can say with honesty a chance taken at this Carabbas is no chance at all, it's a sure bet. I wish I coiuld say more, real good experience.

Matty G

• Visited February 2014

Adelaide, Australia
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Our family visited this restaurant twice during our visit to Lafayette and on both occasions the food was good as was the service. For those looking for relaxed dining and atmosphere this is a great place to go!

Bishopton, United Kingdom
“good service and food”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

1st time in this franchise, good food reasonable priced and service good. At least on a par with Olive garden. I'm a visitor here and enjoyed this to point I'll go back next visit

• Visited November 2013
Napoleonville, Louisiana
“A Gem in a City of Culinary Delights”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Superior service and food. We've been in twice and ordered take-out once--we're new to Lafayette. Carrabba's was a random choice one weekday in May for an early dinner and we are so happy to have discovered this restaurant. Great wine list and a fantastic yellow cake with strawberries dessert that is light, refreshing and sooo delicious!

Visited May 2013
Lafayette, LA
“Just not up to Lafayette standards”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Last night we went to Carrabba's last night for about the 10th time. Carrabba's started out pretty good, but it has turned into your typical chain restaurant with very average food, and our server last night was terrible. I rated service as poor instead of terrible because of some of the servers we have had in the past.

First they brought us out hard bread and a pitcher of blackberry sangria. The sangria was actually quite tasty and according to our waitress it was happy hour so it was half price. That meant we had a half good start to our dinner. When we asked her to bring us more bread you would have thought we asked her to grind the flour and bake the bread herself. Don’t ever roll your eyes at me and expect a good tip.

We ordered and our meal was decent – average – but in Lafayette, Louisiana average is a poor rating. This is the tastiest city in the south, one of the best eating cities in the world. The soups were poor, but the entrees were actually “decent”.

Carrabba’s is a very pretty restaurant, so I guess if it is a pretty place you want this is your place. As for us, we’re looking for good food at a good price, and a wait staff that is polite.

At the end of dinner we get our bills and the pitcher of sangria is $31. We asked the waitress if it is really $62 normally and she said it was only half price if we ordered a “quartino”. So why did you tell us when we ordered the pitcher it was half off? No explanation…. Just took our cards and we paid the bill. I left a 15% tip which is below what I leave for good service, and we will never return. This one set of friends always picks Carrabba's when we go out to eat with them which is why we return there. It is right outside their neighborhood. Last night even they said they would not return to Carrabba's and they were die-hards!

• Visited April 2013