“Tasted like canned tomato sauce”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Carino's Italian-Lafayette - CLOSED

Carino's Italian-Lafayette
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
“Tasted like canned tomato sauce”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

The tomato based sauce was mediocre. While it may not have come from a can, it tasted like it. Service was slow and the restaurant was not full. I ate an early lunch so few patrons were their. Will not go back. Lafayette has much better Italian resurants with similar prices.

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Not prepackaged as someone mentioned”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2010

I saw that someone mentioned witnessing grilled chicken from a box?? Not true at all. I work there and yea, raw frozen chicken breasts are brought in, but we grill them in huge batches on the grill right in the kitchen. I think the ONLY thing we get premade is the firesticks and honestly, I think its because the prep chefs at different restaurants couldnt keep them consistent...and the bread is obviously not made from scratch in the back, we get boxes of bread that we butter and season and then heat, which is still absolutely delicious! I've worked there for a few years now and I still love the food!! I'd definitely recommend it. I'll be honest with you though, if you're worried calories, you might want to check the website for calorie content before being ordering! Some of the menu items are SO fattening!

Lafayette, Louisianna
“Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2009

I have been to this restaurant many times... The food and service is great here. It is better than most places in Lafayette in my opinion. We just love Mondays it is half off family portions.... It will feed a family for a great price. We will be back...

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Just okay - food is okay; service is okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2009

This restaurant is just okay. There are better Italian restaurants in town. The food is prepacked and prepared ahead of time, like the grilled chicken, so you're not getting it freshly prepared. I actually witnesses a big container stacked full of grilled chicken. Not what I wanted to see in the open kitchen. Don't really care for the taste and flavor of this Italian restaurant.