Meche's Donut King
Ranked #2 of 12 Bakeries in Lafayette
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Meche's King cakes are amazing. I love to get bavarian cream on one side and lemon on the other side of the king cake. The service at Meche's I always get quick and friendly.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

This is the best of the best. It is always a must stop when we are in Lafayette. It is so good. I always get the Lemon filled donuts and they are the best I ever had. I finally tried the beignets and they are just as good!!!

1  Thank BedCab
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Whenever I get the chance I have a Meche's donut. They are not too sweet, but have just the right amount of glazing on them. Meche's king cakes are also amazing. You can get a variety of fillings, but I like to have them plain to enjoy the great taste.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I moved to the Los Angeles area recently and have tried some of the donut shops here. None of them compare to Meche's Donut King. But then that's really no big surprise because not many donut shops I've eaten from in my lifetime compare to Meche's. When I say "compare," I do not mean as good because Meche's has the best donuts I've ever had, and their donut-style king cakes are very good too (personal favorite: stuffed with raspberry and cream cheese filling).

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

These donuts melt in your mouth but they still have substance. Once you have a meche's donut, the taste will stay in your heart forever. Please don't leave Lafayette without experiencing this local favorite.