“Lots of ammenities”

Residence Inn Lafayette Airport
Ranked #17 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Although a drive off the interstate is a solid 4 star property with large rooms with all the essentials for an extended stay or comfort for one night.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank fillmap

Reviewed 18 March 2011

We bought this hotel though a priceline bid and were very happy with the selection they made. In coming into Lafayette my GPS was taking us through some heavy Mardi Gras traffic. In calling the hotel desk they gave us longer but quicker directions to the hotel. They were very helpful. Upon checking in we asked how to get to Prejeans restruant as we had ate there before and really looked forward to going there again. They gave us easy to follow directions. The room itself was huge. It had a lot of amenaties that we could not take advantage of as we were only there on a overnight stop to New Orleans. As it was at the peak of Mardi Gras time, there were partiers at the hotel, but nothing disturbed us. We hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZAZULibertyUtah
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Spotless well appointed room. The hotel had everything I needed. Very nice pool, laundry and breakfast. Computer in lobby has a printer. There is a sport court and nice workout room. Bed was very comfortable. Convent location. found very nice restaurants nearby. The staff was great. Pleasant greetings and very helpful with directions and information. I highly recommend a swamp tour, Blue Dog Cafe and Crawfish Time.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank tupperdiva
Reviewed 23 March 2010

The stay at the Residence Inn Mariott was relaxing. It's a great spot to get away from it all.
The location is awesome, your close to all the shopping, and eatting places. My husband and I will always stay at the Residence Inn Mariott whenever we are in town.

Thanks,
The Hollingsworth

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holyone34
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Very clean, comfortable beds, modern decor, reasonable prices, free breakfast, and friendly staff. What more could you ask for in a hotel? Will always be my first choice in Lafayette.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I think I lucked out on this one. I don't usually stay at Residence Inns, too spendy for my budget, but I got a good rate over the phone and gave it a try - very glad I did. The night before, I had spent a ton of money on a lousy room at a different Marriott property, and this time around, I got paid back: I got a great room for not much $$ - and I slept like a king.

The bedding & linens were top-notch, the room was immaculate (and I mean spotless!). I didn't hear a thing from neighbors on any side. Again, I don't know if this place is always this good, but I would head back here in a minute next time I'm in the area (and Southside Bakery is enough to get me to come back, yum!).

When you're on the road for weeks on end, a place like this is a real gem, where you can actually kick back comfortably on the couch in your PJ's & watch TV.

The desk staff was superb & professional all-around. I was admittedly grumpy upon check-in and even so, the gracious desk clerk still treated me kindly - while she was juggling two phone calls and another check-in all at once.

The next morning, breakfast had been pretty much consumed by the herd of hungry guests, but there was enough to make a decent snack - besides, there's so much good food in Lafayette, if you can, head out & find something tasty.

I overheard a very fussy retiree complain at length about a minor (IMO) issue with the breakfast (wrong type of coffee creamer, or some such) - the manager handled it with the patience and grace of a saint, which impressed me to no end.

I would certainly stay here again.

My one token gripe: Marriott's seeming inability to provide either free or fast (or, shock, both!) internet access. You fork out $10-$13 a day for dial-up speeds. This needs to change, but this not unique to Lafayette - as it is the case at every Marriott chain I've stayed with.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank 0ceanView
Reviewed 12 June 2009

I stay in Residence Inn's as often as I can. This wasn't the best and it surely wasn't the worst. And my critique mostly has to do with small details.

For the first time ever I booked through Priceline, and for the first time ever I was given a room as close to the elevator as they could possibly get me without actually putting me in the elevator - and there were plenty of empty rooms to put me in. The sad part about this is that I still paid $100. per night, the 'normal' rate was $169. which is exceptionally high for the area.

The room looked clean but the carpet was actually quite stained and the bedding was quite wrinkled, especially the pillow cases. It looked as if someone had already slept there and then made the bed. A mug in the kitchen cabinet still had lipstick on it. I ended up requesting no housekeeping for my four night stay because I figured I'd already seen what they do and don't do.

The biggest challenge is the elevator. It is a 3-story hotel with one elevator that is shared with housekeeping (the maintenance doors are on the back side of the elevator to their rooms behind the elevator if that makes sense). The stairs are nowhere near the elevator. There was often a very long wait for an elevator and no stairs as an option when that happened. Many guests commented in frustration on this. It became quite annoying.

One morning the elliptical machine in the fitness center was out of order and the a/c was not turned on. In Louisiana in June this is problematic.

Overall it was clean enough, the staff was friendly enough, and it served my purposes. But when returning to Lafayette I'm pretty sure I would try one of the other suite hotels across the street for less money.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo