“Just OK...”

Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Porter, Texas
“Just OK...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

We were on our way to Florida for Spring break and booked a room at this hotel to break up our drive, arriving around midnight. We had a 2 bedroom queen suite. On first glance it seemed okay, but since we arrived very late we really didn't pay attention to anything until the next morning. There was nothing but STINKY, gross garbage under the kitchen sink. It was so full that garbage fell out of the cabinet when I opened it looking for a small bottle of dish soap. When I notified the front desk on check out that the housekeeping need to be sure to get the garbage out, they just "said, oh ok. we'll let them know". I expected an apology at the least.

Other than that, the stay was fine. The breakfast was much better than most Residence Inns I have stayed. We are driving back to Florida for summer vacation and will stay at Fairfield Inn to see if it is better.

Room Tip: If you are getting a suite, check the garbage under the cabinets when you arrive to see if it's...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank drop121607
tlhmarriott, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for letting me know of this issue, I was unaware. I am so sorry for the garbage, there is no excuse for housekeeping to have overlooked that! We are constantly telling them that garbage should be the first thing that should be removed from a guest suite. Please do not think that we are by any means a dirty property. As for our front desk associate, I also apologize for their lack of sympathy. As a Residence Inn property we have standards that should be met from our staff and that was not one of them. Hopefully you can come back to our property and we can wow you the next time.

Hope you enjoyed your spring break trip!

Let us know if their is anything we can do for you on your next visit with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Great property, good location. Staff was professional and helpful. We experienced no problems with the hotel. Rooms are a great size and had lots of windows. We were there on a weekend so did not experience the complimentary evening social hours,

Room Tip: 3rd floor is quietest .
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
So glad to hear you had a good time here in Lafayette, and at our property! We hope to see you again soon!! Sorry about the evening social, maybe next time you can stay a little longer and you can enjoy our social.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do prior to your next arrival!!
Okc., Ok.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Overall appearance of facility is good an breakfast is well prepared and stocked. Rooms are comfortable but need a little maintenance. Furniture is showing some signs of age and ice maker in fridge did not function. Bathroom door creaked very loudly and sink was slow to drain. We were
awakened at 4AM by the ear-piercing scream of the fire alarm. When I called the desk to inquire
whether it as a fire or false alarm, I was put on hold for several minutes and desk clerk never picked back up. Guests should NEVER be put on hold when fire alarms are sounded. We waited outdoors in the parking lot with all the other guests for 56 minutes before they were able to turn off the false alarm. On checkout, I asked for an adjustment on that one night's bill and general manager refused to do so claiming that malfunctioning equipment was not their fault. If the plumbing backed up would that not be their fault? It's their equipment and the malfunction cost my wife and I and all the other guests a good night's sleep which we paid nearly $100 for. Some adjustment should have been made.

Room Tip: studio suite was well laid out and ample space.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Greeted with a welcoming receptionist and accomodating staff. My stay with Residence Inn was worth it. Breakfast and dinner at night, beer and wine was free! major plus for me. The staff was always making sure that your needs were met and very much obliged to it. Thank you Tre and Brandy for making our stay memorable!

Virginia Beach, VA

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
tlhmarriott, General Manager at Residence Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank You for choosing the Residence Inn Lafayette Airport! We are glad that you were able to experience our property and guest service. I will be sure to let all staff no of your response and we look forward to having you stay with us again!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed here for Mardi Gras 2013 and this place accommodated us very well. Instead of me booking 2 separate rooms, the Marriott had a 2 bedroom suite which was perfect. We did have one little minor issue but was quickly resolved. Very soon after we checked in, we had a toilet that would not function properly however the maintenance engineer followed me to my room and didn't quit until it worked to his satisfaction. Job well done!!! We stayed 2 nights and had no more complaints, in fact before we checked out; I made reservations for Crawfish Festival :-).

Room Tip: "The hotel was only blocks from the parade route" "Two room suites are located far a...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
tlhmarriott, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could quickly and efficiently fix your problem. We look forward to seeing you again for the Crawfish Festival!!
Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

I actually stayed at this hotel 3 years ago, so I thought I knew what to expect. Unfortunately the hotel has changed for the worse.
Although they claim to be a non-smoking property, I was greeted at the door of my 1st King studio room by the gross smell of smoke. The arms of the chair in the sitting area were also peeling and torn. I tried to call down to report this and ask for another room, but the phone was not working. I then had to gather my things and make my way back down to the front desk.
The attendants did apologize and a note was made about the smell and the phone. I was given another room right away. The 2nd room smelled a lot better, but the arms of the chair was also in need of repair. Overall the room was clean, but the toilet seat and the sink & counter in the kitchen were dirty. Fortunately I travel with Lysol and Clorox wipes so I took care of the bathroom.
The room was spacious and comfortable, but I can't say the same about the bed. The bed was hard and I could actually feel the springs in the mattress. The sheets and light blanket looked and smelled clean, but the pillows were small and thin.
I had a hard time getting to sleep because the walls were thin & I could here the guests talking next door and the person above me walking. I also had to unplug the refrigerator because it kept making a loud buzzing noise. I'm not a light sleeper & I was tired, but these noises were enough to keep me up very late.
I really love the location of this hotel and the light dinner and breakfast that they offer, but unfortunately I don't think that's enough to bring me back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
tlhmarriott, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
I am truly sorry about the experience you had with your past stay. We are in the process of trying to turn everything around. The chairs have had 5 years of wear and tear and are slowly getting replaced this year to meet Residence Inn's new standard/design. The pillows will also be replaced to meet standards. As for the lack of cleanliness you experienced, there was no excuse for that and we will make sure to fix that issue immediately. As for the smoking smell, unfortunately we do not have the control of what some guest do in our rooms, and smoking is one of them. Even the $250 smoking fee does not stop some from smoking. We do do our best to try and shampoo the room to get the smell out, we also put an ozone machine, but the smell of smoke sometimes is too strong and just takes time. We truly hope when you visit Lafayette again you will give us another chance to make things right.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We evacuated to Lafayette during Hurricane Isaac and needed a pet friendly hotel. Our room at the Residence Inn was very nicely furnished and spacious. We were grateful to be able to have our pet with us. The room rate included a breakfast buffet each morning. The kitchen had everything we needed. The room was quiet and very comfortable. We stayed 3 nights.

Room Tip: Having the separate bedroom with a door provided privacy and comfort. I would recommend it to all tr...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family