Mazen Grill
Ranked #111 of 576 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Just ok, but worth the visit as the service has to be one of the best in town and the presentation was spot on from a waitress. The steaks are good and once again the presentation was outstanding, but quality was average as far as the rib-eye was concerned. I will be back to try the seafood, as mentioned this would only be fare because of the service and presentations. It's all good and worth the price as Mazen Grill is a place you should give a try on your travels and or if you are a local.

2  Thank Rose6Ranch

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I think this is the best food in Lafayette. Loved the lightly breaded and fried asparagus topped with jumbo lump crabmeat finished with hollandaise sauce. Also the grilled tuna is delicious. Also great martinis.
Will go back this weekend.

1  Thank mygrammy
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My Mother-in-law chose Mazen Grill for a special dinner tonight for our family. She asked me about my past visits there and I told her I always found the food to be good, but I warned her that it was on the expensive side. I also warned her that this was the kind of place where everyone wouldorder drinks and dessert. My description was spot on.

The food at Mazen Grill is expensive, but the old saying “you get what you pay for” comes into play here. The quality of the meats they use are outstanding. The beef entrees are among the very best offered in Lafayette. I got the surf and turf which included the fish of the day which was excellent, and the beef medallions were covered in lump crabmeat. Others at the table got the large stuffed shrimp. I stole one off my wife’s plate and it was outstanding.

Dessert here is a true treat like the grand restaurants of the “old days”. The soufflés are magnificent, and the bread pudding is the best in town. My daughter had cheesecake and said it was also very good.

Our server was a nice young man named D.J. and I have to say that he was excellent in his duties. He did a great job and earned every bit of his gratuity. Dinner for 8 with gratuity was about $500.

Overall I would say that Mazin Grill is a strong 5. It was excellent in every manner.

1  Thank bandman
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Lafayette, Louisiana has no shortage of extraordinary restaurants to delight every whim or fancy in this gourmet-crazy small city recently voted Best Food in the South by a prominent Southern digest. That said, Mazen's, a sister to the restaurant in Lake Charles, is just shy of heavenly. The menu is Continental with a southern flair. This means that any traditional fish or meat offering found just about anywhere is treated to the small delicacies and large love only a Deep South venue could embrace: the daily fresh fish brought in from the Gulf that morning and I do mean that morning, is lovingly treated to such local fare as fresh shrimp or locally caught and picked lump crab meat. There is no such thing as gilding the lily down here: it's just a more robust garden to consume!

1  Thank hubbell
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is one of the best places to eat in town.
I have tried a lot of places Mazen has always been great.
I even went and bought gift cards for Christmas last yeat

1  Thank Matthew R