“In a city of phenomenal food, this Restuarant stands out”
Review of Mazen Grill

Mazen Grill
Ranked #135 of 577 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Love the atmosphere and the attentive staff, but it is the incredible food that keeps us coming back. Always consistently fresh and delicious. They even let you take their chocolate soufflé filled ramekins home to bake at your convenience then return the ramekin later! Love everything about the restaurant and the food!

2  Thank jhanbeaullieu

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We visit family frequently in Lafayette. Over the years, we have had the opportunity to enjoy many of the finest restaurants in town. Consequently, I find it inconceivable that Mazen’s is not ranked higher than 15th on TripAdvisor. We dined there on December 27 and were – once again – blown away. The food and service were impeccable. Owner and sublime gentleman – Garcon – brings in fresh fin fish daily that can’t be found in anywhere else in Lafayette. As an example - the fish of the day was tripletail. If you’ve never had this fish – I’m sooo sorry. Think Florida grouper – only better !! Firm white flesh with just the right amount of flavor and you’re in heaven. The fish is prepared in a myriad of ways on their menu but most in our group had it prepared – Acadiens – which is paneed and topped with lump blue crab meat, shrimp and cream sauce. Absolutely to die for !! However, I ordered from the appetizer menu so I could enjoy as many offerings as possible. I had 6 oysters Rockerfeller, a bowl of shrimp bisque and a crab crepe. Can you say stuffed and knocked out !!!!!!!! Also, I can’t say enough about our server Kacie. What a delight. She was professional yet sweet and patient – especially with our sometimes rowdy group of 8. Nothing seemed to faze her. Every order was perfect and brought to the table hot and fresh. No glass went empty – but there was no pushiness to sell more, more wine and liquor. If you go to Mazen’s please ask for Kacie. This young lady will advance and go places – so experience her style and grace before someone makes her a better offer. Lastly, there is no way that some of the restaurants ranked higher on Tripadvisor such as Olde Tyme Grocery, Meche’s Donut King, Deano’s and Zea are better than Mazen’s. I’ve eaten at all of them and they don’t compare to the service, food and ambience of this remarkable dining experience. So…..keep up the good work Garcon – we’ll be back soon.

5  Thank Beach-Mark
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had been eager to visit Mazen Grill after hearing all of these people talking about the place. I was very disappointed after the meal as the prices are very high for the quality of food. The Mediterranean Shrimp appetizer was floating in so much butter that you could not taste any of the Mediterranean spices in the dish. My steak was OK, nothing to brag about, and the vegetables that accompanied the dish were very good except for being slathered with their sauce that I do not really care for. There are much better meals in he area for 1/3 the price of their menu.

1  Thank DeJean
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Just ok, but worth the visit as the service has to be one of the best in town and the presentation was spot on from a waitress. The steaks are good and once again the presentation was outstanding, but quality was average as far as the rib-eye was concerned. I will be back to try the seafood, as mentioned this would only be fare because of the service and presentations. It's all good and worth the price as Mazen Grill is a place you should give a try on your travels and or if you are a local.

2  Thank Rose6Ranch
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I think this is the best food in Lafayette. Loved the lightly breaded and fried asparagus topped with jumbo lump crabmeat finished with hollandaise sauce. Also the grilled tuna is delicious. Also great martinis.
Will go back this weekend.

1  Thank mygrammy