“Plain Jane, Better Options Available In The Area.”

Best Western Lafayette Inn
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Pensacola, Florida
“Plain Jane, Better Options Available In The Area.”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I booked this place for an overnight stop off on a trip to Texas. I had read the reviews, which left me a little bit in doubt about staying here, but decided to give it a try anyway. The reviewer about the hallways wreaking of cigarette smoke was right on the money. The smell was so bad it would take your breath away. Luckily the rooms did not have the same smell, and were relatively clean. There was only one ice machine working in the entire motel, so it was always low on ice. The breakfast was probably the worst that I had seen at any Best Western that I have stayed at. The next morning the parking lot was littered with trash, as if there had been a party in the parking lot overnight. I make at least two trips a year to Texas, but I do not plan on staying here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank newjade
Kim F, Director of Sales at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
I am very sorry to hear that your recent visit here wasn't up to our highest standard. We are continuously working to improve every aspect of our hotel. Your comments regarding the breakfast, the parking lot, and the hallways are appreciated and I will see to it that these issues get properly addressed. The opinions of our guests matter to us. I hope on your next visit to Lafayette you will give us another chance. Thanks again for your comments.

Sincerely
Kim Fontenot
Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I frequent this Best Western quite often, my recent visit on September 22, 2011 wasn't so pleaseant. I awakened in the middle of the night to discover i wasn't alone in my bed, I disovered the bed was infested with "BED BUGS" i made the decision to check out at 3:15am.
I wasn't offered any accomodations for my unpleasant experiance, such as a new room or even a return phone call from Management which i requested. Needless to say i want be visiting this Best Western again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank newhomehunt08
Mobile, AL
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable, there was no ambient noise from the hallway or parking lot, the staff was friendly, the price was good for the quality, the breakfast could use improvment . . . but it smelled like cat pee.. yuck

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 473rebeccah
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Whether you travel through Lafayette on business or pleasure, this hotel is certainly a great stop to consider. Easy access from Hwy 49, just South of I-10. Friendly staff, clean and spacious hotelrooms, nice pool, and a hot breakfast selection which tops your idea of a continental breakfast. Price vs. Value. Very easy and smooth check-in and out. Your front desk folks will give you the best advice as to where to go have a real good Louisian' dinner. Such as Prejean's, but I'll write a few lines on this awesome place separately. No go travelers and enjoy!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple