“Clean but pretty average... no surprises” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Lafayette Inn
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Overland Park, Kansas
“Clean but pretty average... no surprises”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable and clean. Oddly arranged hotel, though, relative to non-smoking rooms. They're mixed in with the smoking rooms... across the hall or right next door. The desk clerk gave me my choice and I picked one across the hall from smoking. No problems (despite my being allergic to smoke), so can't complain. Would make much more sense to keep the smoking rooms separate from the non-smoking and hit the credit card of smokers who defile non-smoking rooms for the cost of cleanup. The hotel where I stayed in San Antonio charged $250 for that... sounds good to me!

Room Tip: Be cautious about where the smokers are.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank TravelingJonesy
Matthew S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel. I am so glad the staff was able to provide a great experience. I am also very glad that you had a comfortable room experience, we pay special attention to our cleanliness and customer service. We are looking into providing a more secular arrangement for our smoking rooms to provide an even better experience on your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brownsville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

The staff was extremely nice and helpful with information.The room was very clean and very comfy. The smell of Indian cooking would take your breath when entering the loby and hall, and the breakfast was lousy and not what I thought there add in the motel discount led me to beleave.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank George Y
I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write a review of your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had a nice visit here in our city. I have looked into our breakfast and have made major improvements on our selections and abundance based on your review! Thanks for helping us improve our standards and improve our customer's experience. I look forward to your next visit!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

So, I have just come back from a trip to Cozumel, MX, flew to Dallas, drove to Austin, TX and then drove nearly 12 hours through flat country to come upon this gem in Lafayette, LA. Let me say, I was not the nicest person and I was tired, but Matt was extremely helpful. He offered me their rewards program, as I've been offered from MANY hotels before and I just didn't want to listen. He changed subject and ask about my trip, then sure enough he was signing me up on what is actually a really decent program. Ha, so now I had to be super-critical! The price was extremely cheap, and there was new updates to the hotel that weren't shown on the pictures! Room was very clean! Restaurants in the area were so delicious!!! I love cajun food!!
Rooms are nice and cold and everything is quiet. The location is right off of the interstate! I will be staying here for maybe 2 more days this week, then off to Chicago!

Room Tip: If you are saving money and want a great night's sleep. This place was only $89 USD. I a having...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Kim K
Lufkin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past two years and have always been pleased.
It is quite.
Fair to middeling breakfast.
And good internet.
Staff is very friendly!!
Nice comfortable beds, clean sheets, smells nice no overpowering smells.

Room Tip: Quite but close to I-10
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank jmlollar
Cibolo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I was alittle hestitant staying here cause of the other reviews. However I have to say this place was nice,clean and customer service was very friendly. The bed was really comfortable and room was updated. Breakfast was standard but had a lot of variety. Overall good stay.

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank cansand
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Staff is rude, dirty and for the price you can problably stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank RachelMNewYork
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Front desk clerk wasn't going to give AAA discount until I complained to Best Western Customer Service. I was quoted $89.99 with Aaa discount. My Visa card was Pre authorized for $101.79 but Bina tried to overcharge me extra $11.20 on the final bill upon check out., so I protested being over charged. Anyhow. Carpet in the halls and room 203 was stinky. The housekeeping person turned the air conditioner off so when I got to my room at 9 pm it was 81 degrees. F.and took 3 hours to chill the room to 72 F. Room was small for two iWeb size bed. The room (203) was must and smelled of urine. There wasn't a hot breakfast. Just a waffle iron with gross batter. Cream cheese was not fresh. Toaster was there to bread and stale Bagel.
Swimming pool was tiny so 2 strokes wide and long! The $99 rate for That Saturday night was inflated for the International Fesival. I'm going to stay at the Mariott next time. Oh, I do love the Beat Western in St Francisville , La. which served sausage, Biscuits, eggs, gravey unlike the dump aka Lafayette Inn.

• Stayed April 2012