“Not a bad place for the price”

Best Western Lafayette Inn
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Houston, TX
“Not a bad place for the price”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

By far the cheapest of the hotels i searched in the area and the room was very modern, clean and neat. Cold A/C. Breakfast bar is lousy, as is most BWs. It appeared to be a lot of people cutting thru the parking lot leaving me a bit nervous of my vehicle.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Well thank you kindly for your review on TripAdvisor! We love that you enjoy our price, atmosphere, and cleanliness. I do apologize that you were not satisfied about our breakfast. We are a Best Western that serves continental breakfast with some hot items, but we are currently asking some of our guests what they are looking for in a full hot breakfast so that we may accommodate our guests with the best!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Usually we choose Best Western hotels on our holidays locally and overseas so had decided to chose this hotel last minute being that it was Best Western. Check in went well with a pleasant manager, however, once we got to the second floor where our room was and the elevator doors opened the cigarette smoke was very thick. My husband wasn't feeling well because of a flu so this really made us hesitant of staying. We went right to our room (which was non-smoking) and called the Manager to report the smoke. He came right up and found that people in another room on that floor were smoking but had their door wide open. He asked them to close their door and sprayed air freshner in the hall to minimize the smoke. Luckily we couldnt smell much smoke in our room but could still smell the smoke every time we went into the hall to get to the elevator. I asked if there were non-smoking floors but was told no, there are only non-smoking rooms. Because of the smoke issue, I can't say that we'd come back to this hotel. As well, I didn't find the bathroom as clean as I would have liked. There were toothpaste splatters on the door (white splats) and the bottom shelf of the bathroom vanity area had dust on it, which you can see plainly when sitting in the bathtub looking towards the sink area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dana888
Thank you for your review of our establishment! I do want to apologize for the smoke in the hallways, unfortunately, the guest who had inconsiderately left their door open in their smoking room had inconvenienced you by getting smoke into the "non-smoking" hallway and room. I am glad that our staff did what they could to help, but I am sorry we couldn't have resolved the issue before it became a problem. As for what seemed to be toothpaste splatter, and dust on the bottom shelf of the vanity which you saw from sitting in the bathtub, it seems as if housekeeping for the previous day had not noticed that and we will conduct a meeting mentioning this as a reason to pay specific attention to certain detailed areas of the bathroom. I am glad you enjoyed our customer service and our other amenities, and I hope you return to see us again!
Tampa, Florida, Usa
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The walls are paper thin. There was a 1 inch gap under the door that let every sound in all night. It sounded like a herd of elephants was staying upstairs. We didn't sleep at all. On a brighter note, the room was clean, shower was hot, bed was comfy, staff was friendly, etc. Didn't really see anything for breakfast that I wanted but we brought our own breakfast anyway. Everything was fine other than the noise.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

4 Thank Linda E
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and your review on TripAdvisor. We get a numerous amount of compliments about our beds, they are so comfy! I do apologize for the noise on the night of your stay. At times we can get extremely busy and depending on how considerate guests may be also determines the overall volume of the hotel. One of the primary goals of our hotel is to keep our guests happy and comfortable, so I will make an aggressive effort to have the front desk make more periodic scans of the establishment during the late hours to be preventative towards any further noise issues that could arise. Again, thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again real soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This had potential but it just fell short. The good: it was quiet and fairly clean. Items of concern were:
- The TV channels didn’t work below channel 23 so you couldn’t get the basics like ABC, NBC, or CBS.
- The showerhead didn’t work properly.
- The toilet didn’t flush well.
- The air conditioner smelled musty.
- The carpeting looked like it hadn’t been vacuumed in a while – particularly around the walls and behind the door.
- Dust could be found in places – generally in areas that you wouldn’t dust if you thought you didn’t have to.
- The ice bucket was dirty – inside and out.
- Trash was on the floor from a prior occupant.
- Breakfast – the OJ tasted watered down and the hard-boiled egg had the texture of hard rubber and tasted like vinegar.
The moment that made this a “won’t go back” for us was when the desk clerk asked how our stay was. I mentioned our concerns and was told that I just didn’t adjust the shower head properly (I am far too short to reach it) and then gave me a 10 minute lecture on how difficult it was to get good housekeeping staff. We definitely will not be going back to this one.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alex W
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
I want to say thank you so much for your detailed review of our establishment. As I do appreciate detailed feedback I am disheartened with the areas that we have fallen short in your eyes. I have called our Cable Provider and expressed my concern with the issue you have experienced. They are currently regrouping themed channels into channel groups, I will stay on top of this and I really appreciate your feedback concerning this particular area. Concerning the efficiency of the shower and toilet, I would love to speak with you further about this and find out where this problem is occurring so that we may address it. As for the Orange Juice, it is provided by Minute Maid and dispensed with a concentrate and water as an additive. We actually have no control as to how watery it may be, but I will mention this to the Minute Maid representative and see if there is something we can do. Again, I would personally like to speak with you at your leisure about this further so that we can properly address these issues and thank you so much for your time.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Clean, Simple, Kept up, Breakfast area clean and acceptable food choices, Just what I expected.
Housekeepers let me exchanged my towels and empty trash when I asked them in the halls. I did not requires daily housekeeping( Thats just me) and I still let let a tip to get room clean for next guest. Whirlpool clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank JUNE P
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive response. We are so glad to hear that your stay here was satisfactory! I am also glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, we are currently implementing a new hot breakfast in the near future and hope to see you soon for another review of our property! Cannot wait to see you again!
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This hotel is a dump! Don't waste your money on this place. We stayed here for the crawfish festival because the hotel that we normally stay in was already booked. When I checked in I had asked for a nonsmoking room, but when I got to my room it reeked of smoke. I went to ask the lady about my room and inquired about the room being nonsmoking. she stated that it was nonsmoking but the rooms on the other side of me was smoking. I was like what was the use of a nonsmoking room.
The rooms are extremely small. if you are using the desk, there is no walkway for anyone else to pass by.
Not a great view, when I looked outside of my room, our view was facing another gross looking hotel.
The "free" breakfast is disgusting to even look at, we ended up going to a diner in town for breakfast.
I would sleep in my car before I would stay at this hotel again! Take my advice and go somewhere else and don't stay here!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family