“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Lafayette, United States
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The room was good, breakfast was horrible. Other than that, the only complaint we had was the overwhelming smell of stagnant cigarette smoke in the hallways. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room because my wife and children have allergies, they were kind enough to give us a non-smoking room, however, it did little good seeing as it was surrounded by smoking rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Casey E
Matthew S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your review of our property on TripAdvisor.com. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the smoking in the area of your room. Sometimes our smoking guests tend to leave their door askew which as you have noticed can be somewhat inconvenient. We are currently in the process of not only upgrading our breakfast to a full hot breakfast from a continental breakfast as well as moving our smoking rooms to our second floor and making our first floor absolutely smoke free. We estimate some time next year and we do hope that we are able to see you again so that you can see the great new changes coming to our property!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Clean, well, located, great staff. My only complaint is that, as a business person on the road, the desk and the office chair in the room are not size compatible. The chair is far too short. The chair would not even adjust. I have stayed at this hotel twice in a month and this was true for both rooms. The 'business center' chair was also short even when raised to the top-most spot. Working was uncomfortable, I will most likely not use this hotel again for this reason. Too bad, past that, the place was good for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your great review on Tripadvisor! I am so glad that you enjoyed our facility and we hope to exceed your expectations by your next stay with us! I do apologize about the height of the chair in relation to the desk as for some guests it can be somewhat short. We are looking into replacing some of our office chairs with more adjustable chairs for our guests and hope that you visit us again!
Monroe, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Had a great nights sleep in a very comfy bed. The pool was clean and relaxing. David at the desk was so helpful with suggestions for dinner and giving directions. very pleasant, give him a raise! clean quiet and again the bed was very comfy. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank debbie l
Matthew S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review on our TripAdvisor! We do love our pillow-top beds! I am so glad you relaxed in our outdoor pool during your stay! It's a great way to beat the heat in these hot times! I am very pleased that David was able to exceed your expectations and deliver superior customer care! We hope to see you again soon and recommend EVEN MORE things to do and things to eat!!
Central Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

After booking this through my debit card rewards program, I read the reviews and was a bit concerned. However, we had a wonderful stay. We were on the first floor, it was a bit noisy at times, but nothing that wasn't drowned out by the A/C running. After reading the reviews about the breakfast, I was prepared to have to go out. Again, it was more than sufficient. I'm not sure what people are expecting, it's typical continental breakfast and there were selections for people not wanting pastries etc. They had a nice selection of fruit, there were yogurts, whole hard boiled eggs, and the dining area was spotless.
What really sealed the deal for me was that I unknowingly dropped my wallet in the parking lot. It was found by the owner's aunt who brought it in, they checked the ID In the wallet, realized I was still staying in the hotel and promptly called me to alert me that I had dropped it. I can't give enough thanks for that, everything was in my wallet, disaster averted!!!!.
I also wanted to mention that we had thought maybe of going for a swim, decided against it due to time constraints, but I wanted to say that we walked out to check it and the pool was very clean as well.
For the complainers, no, it's not the Hilton, but if your expecting those services and amenities, then pay the price and stay there. For those looking for a decent place to stay that won't break the pocketbook, then this is more than adequate.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate the time you've taken to review our establishment! Also, thanks for the defense ;) We run a clean, friendly, and a welcoming home away from home and at times we have children upstairs who run the halls, and depending on your stay you may have fallen on a baseball booking, or the like. I do apologize for that inconvenience and I also love that you enjoyed our pricing! Come back and see us!
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

By far the cheapest of the hotels i searched in the area and the room was very modern, clean and neat. Cold A/C. Breakfast bar is lousy, as is most BWs. It appeared to be a lot of people cutting thru the parking lot leaving me a bit nervous of my vehicle.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Well thank you kindly for your review on TripAdvisor! We love that you enjoy our price, atmosphere, and cleanliness. I do apologize that you were not satisfied about our breakfast. We are a Best Western that serves continental breakfast with some hot items, but we are currently asking some of our guests what they are looking for in a full hot breakfast so that we may accommodate our guests with the best!
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

Usually we choose Best Western hotels on our holidays locally and overseas so had decided to chose this hotel last minute being that it was Best Western. Check in went well with a pleasant manager, however, once we got to the second floor where our room was and the elevator doors opened the cigarette smoke was very thick. My husband wasn't feeling well because of a flu so this really made us hesitant of staying. We went right to our room (which was non-smoking) and called the Manager to report the smoke. He came right up and found that people in another room on that floor were smoking but had their door wide open. He asked them to close their door and sprayed air freshner in the hall to minimize the smoke. Luckily we couldnt smell much smoke in our room but could still smell the smoke every time we went into the hall to get to the elevator. I asked if there were non-smoking floors but was told no, there are only non-smoking rooms. Because of the smoke issue, I can't say that we'd come back to this hotel. As well, I didn't find the bathroom as clean as I would have liked. There were toothpaste splatters on the door (white splats) and the bottom shelf of the bathroom vanity area had dust on it, which you can see plainly when sitting in the bathtub looking towards the sink area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dana888
Thank you for your review of our establishment! I do want to apologize for the smoke in the hallways, unfortunately, the guest who had inconsiderately left their door open in their smoking room had inconvenienced you by getting smoke into the "non-smoking" hallway and room. I am glad that our staff did what they could to help, but I am sorry we couldn't have resolved the issue before it became a problem. As for what seemed to be toothpaste splatter, and dust on the bottom shelf of the vanity which you saw from sitting in the bathtub, it seems as if housekeeping for the previous day had not noticed that and we will conduct a meeting mentioning this as a reason to pay specific attention to certain detailed areas of the bathroom. I am glad you enjoyed our customer service and our other amenities, and I hope you return to see us again!
Tampa, Florida, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

The walls are paper thin. There was a 1 inch gap under the door that let every sound in all night. It sounded like a herd of elephants was staying upstairs. We didn't sleep at all. On a brighter note, the room was clean, shower was hot, bed was comfy, staff was friendly, etc. Didn't really see anything for breakfast that I wanted but we brought our own breakfast anyway. Everything was fine other than the noise.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

4 Thank Linda E
Matthew S, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Lafayette Inn, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and your review on TripAdvisor. We get a numerous amount of compliments about our beds, they are so comfy! I do apologize for the noise on the night of your stay. At times we can get extremely busy and depending on how considerate guests may be also determines the overall volume of the hotel. One of the primary goals of our hotel is to keep our guests happy and comfortable, so I will make an aggressive effort to have the front desk make more periodic scans of the establishment during the late hours to be preventative towards any further noise issues that could arise. Again, thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again real soon!