“ZERO stars”

Best Western Lafayette Inn
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I got a non-smoking room. When I went to shower in the morning, the smell of smoke was so strong that I felt like I was in a small room with a dozen smokers smoking. It was so bad, I was coughing hard, my sinuses and eyes were completely irritated. I felt like crap for more than a day. When I complained, I was told that my NON-smoking room was NEXT to a smoking room. REALLY? The desk clerk didn't see how that was any problem. BEST WESTERN, GET REAL!

Room Tip: DON"T STAY HERE if you're a non-smoker!!!
Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen K

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Getting a non-smoking room is meaningless at this hotel. The elevator and hallways reek of smoke. The bathroom was just clean enough. The furnishings were dirty. Breakfast was nothing to brag about. Service from the desk staff was subpar. Couldn't wait to leave in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Deborah P
Matthew S, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

I would like to thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of smoke in the hallway and elevator. Although our hotel public areas are smoke free we do have smoking rooms and based on the consideration of our smoking guests sometimes their smoke from the rooms may leak into the hallway depending on the severity of smoke in the room. We are currently planning on moving our smoking rooms to the second level and keeping our non-smoking rooms at ground level to attempt at eliminating the inconvenience that had occurred and still accommodate our smoking guests. I also do apologize that our front desk staff wasn't up to your expectations, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service and I'm sorry that our front desk was not capable of creating a pleasant solution to the issues you had experienced. We do hope that you would try us out again!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have stayed at best western's across the us and i must say that this one is the best one i have stayed at it is super clean , priced right at like 83.00 for a single room. The rooms are very large and homie i felt like i was sleeping in my own bed so if ure in laf. la drop in at the best western and catch some shut eye

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Matthew S, General Manager at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

I am so glad that you've taken the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! Your kind words are very comforting! We are very proud of our pillow-top mattresses and we pride ourselves on having great customer service at a reasonable price, so we are extremely grateful to hear that you've enjoyed your stay! If you love us now, you're sure to love us even more in the future, as we are adding a bunch of new features to our establishment! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The room was good, breakfast was horrible. Other than that, the only complaint we had was the overwhelming smell of stagnant cigarette smoke in the hallways. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room because my wife and children have allergies, they were kind enough to give us a non-smoking room, however, it did little good seeing as it was surrounded by smoking rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Casey E

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your review of our property on TripAdvisor.com. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the smoking in the area of your room. Sometimes our smoking guests tend to leave their door askew which as you have noticed can be somewhat inconvenient. We are currently in the process of not only upgrading our breakfast to a full hot breakfast from a continental breakfast as well as moving our smoking rooms to our second floor and making our first floor absolutely smoke free. We estimate some time next year and we do hope that we are able to see you again so that you can see the great new changes coming to our property!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Clean, well, located, great staff. My only complaint is that, as a business person on the road, the desk and the office chair in the room are not size compatible. The chair is far too short. The chair would not even adjust. I have stayed at this hotel twice in a month and this was true for both rooms. The 'business center' chair was also short even when raised to the top-most spot. Working was uncomfortable, I will most likely not use this hotel again for this reason. Too bad, past that, the place was good for the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate your great review on Tripadvisor! I am so glad that you enjoyed our facility and we hope to exceed your expectations by your next stay with us! I do apologize about the height of the chair in relation to the desk as for some guests it can be somewhat short. We are looking into replacing some of our office chairs with more adjustable chairs for our guests and hope that you visit us again!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Had a great nights sleep in a very comfy bed. The pool was clean and relaxing. David at the desk was so helpful with suggestions for dinner and giving directions. very pleasant, give him a raise! clean quiet and again the bed was very comfy. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank debbie l
Matthew S, Director of Sales at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you so much for your review on our TripAdvisor! We do love our pillow-top beds! I am so glad you relaxed in our outdoor pool during your stay! It's a great way to beat the heat in these hot times! I am very pleased that David was able to exceed your expectations and deliver superior customer care! We hope to see you again soon and recommend EVEN MORE things to do and things to eat!!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

After booking this through my debit card rewards program, I read the reviews and was a bit concerned. However, we had a wonderful stay. We were on the first floor, it was a bit noisy at times, but nothing that wasn't drowned out by the A/C running. After reading the reviews about the breakfast, I was prepared to have to go out. Again, it was more than sufficient. I'm not sure what people are expecting, it's typical continental breakfast and there were selections for people not wanting pastries etc. They had a nice selection of fruit, there were yogurts, whole hard boiled eggs, and the dining area was spotless.
What really sealed the deal for me was that I unknowingly dropped my wallet in the parking lot. It was found by the owner's aunt who brought it in, they checked the ID In the wallet, realized I was still staying in the hotel and promptly called me to alert me that I had dropped it. I can't give enough thanks for that, everything was in my wallet, disaster averted!!!!.
I also wanted to mention that we had thought maybe of going for a swim, decided against it due to time constraints, but I wanted to say that we walked out to check it and the pool was very clean as well.
For the complainers, no, it's not the Hilton, but if your expecting those services and amenities, then pay the price and stay there. For those looking for a decent place to stay that won't break the pocketbook, then this is more than adequate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate the time you've taken to review our establishment! Also, thanks for the defense ;) We run a clean, friendly, and a welcoming home away from home and at times we have children upstairs who run the halls, and depending on your stay you may have fallen on a baseball booking, or the like. I do apologize for that inconvenience and I also love that you enjoyed our pricing! Come back and see us!