“"Roach Greetings"”

Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave
Ranked #44 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Was very late when we arrived so my husband and I checked into the hotel, it seemed very nice from the lobby, so I told my husband it was ok, we are here for only 5 hours. We got our key went into the room and I'm thinking its okay. Hubby went to the bathroom and as he was washing his hands out come the roach, I'm thinking okay maybe it's just that one perhaps someone brought it in with them, then I opened the refrigerator and there was two more greeting me as if I had something to eat. Hubby was ticked off because first of all they tried to charge us $79 so I said what about the truckers rate, he said I'll give to you for $56, plus tax. I know I should have left the in rhe beginning, he was like we have an excellent breakfast, I'm thinking it probably has some roaches in it somewhere. Needless to say he gave us our money back because I took pictures with my cell phone to let him know that I was not lying about the roaches....

Room Tip: make sure you have the room checked for roaches
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave

Reviewed 19 October 2011

It's a hotel for a hostal price
We stayed twice at America's Best Value as we made a round-trip in the US. It's a quiet, comfortable and safe hotel right on the very edge of Lafayette and Scott, close to every where (public transportation, city center, museums, etc.). The rooms we stayed in were basic, average size, clean and functional. The bathrooms were kinda fancy with white tiles and huge shower areas. We stayed on the second floor, the windows were facing the carpark. There is a small terrace that will give you a view of Lafayette.
The breakfast/ social room was huge, giving enough space to many travellers who are trying to figure out their travel plans. The breakfast was amazing, probably the best free breakfast. And there was always free coffee :) Also we were able to use the kitchen and utensils in order to prepare fresh fruit salads for snacks.
I have to mention the super helpful staff, who gave us lots of tips and helped out with making phone calls and making sure we wern't missing out on anything.
I would still recommend you look around at other hotels before going here.
Overall, this hotel was our one of the best find place in Lafayette.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2010

On 2 week road trip, booking hotels along the way - trying to save a little money, just a bed for the night. Room smelled like mold, mildew. No hangers in our closet, after much persuading, got the clerk to go find me a few. Bathroom shower OK. No major complaints, have learned you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I found this hotel on tripadvisor and called a few hours before reaching Lafayette to reserve a room. I was told over the phone that I would be given a rate of $52. The attendant was friendly and took my name for our reservation. When we arrived around midnight, weary from the road, we were (not too nicely) told that there was no reservation. I explained that I had called and made a reservation a few hours prior and he just insisted that there was no reservation. Finally I gave up and just asked if there was any availability. He said yes and we would be paying $69 for a room. When I explained that I had definitely called and spoken to someone who had promised a $52 room, the attendant gave me a rate of $59. The room looked great at first, flat screen tv, nice carpet, fancy furniture, but then we noticed the urine and a pubic hair on the toilet seat. next we found ice cream in the freezer and soft drinks and a sandwich in the fridge. (Not ours, obviously, and half-consumed). The renovated rooms would be great if only they were better cleaned! Our room was large(ish) and had a king bed, not bad for sixy-six dollars including tax, but the left-over food and dirty toilet creeped me out.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank applescruff
reciprok8, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Dear applescruff,
Thanks to you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent stay with us. Your comments are well taken and have been brought to the attention of our management team and department for correction as soon as possible. We are looking
into the comments regarding our property and hotel here in Lafayette. You can be rest assured that these issues will be dealt with in an appropriate manner and swiftly. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 July 2010

Very good value; I saw 4 other reviews which commented much the same and we would definitely second their thoughts. For $60 plus 10% tax, could not ask for more (AAA rate, which Ashley over the phone offered cheerily).

A remodeled motel with first floor driveup set perpendicular to I-10 and right off the Exit 101. Room was clean and fresh, no odors of any sort (it was a non smoking), new A/C units, good bed (not a Marriott, but just fine for an evening stay), shower was SUPER, not a rinky dink beat up old shower head with leaky curtain but instead a nice big adjustable head that worked and a new style wraparound curtain that really kept the water in the shower, which when traveling with multiple travelers is a common gripe if you are not the first to use the shower. Lobby Wi-Fi worked fine, did not try in room.

We checked in at 11:30 pm, asked Max the night clerk for a 1st floor room with nobody above us and please do not put anybody in the room above and this was honored. We stayed in the side nearer the freeway so we could hear a little road noise but nothing ridiculous. If you are a light sleeper, definitely get there earlier and request a room to the left of the lobby.

To our pleasant surprise, they had a very respectable breakfast bar with coffee, juices, eggs, sausage, biscuits, and cereal and kept well stocked by Rosa. The front desk folks were friendly and the only maintenance item we encountered was a bum door lock (I do not think they replaced them in their remodeling).

I hope this helps others. All in all, would highly recommend this facility. I could only hope that the rest of my $60 motels in my life were this good.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Right of the I-10. Clean, great service and great value for money. Hot breakfast was excellent. Will visit again and recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Lafayette, LA

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us here in Lafayette. We are glad you had such a nice time with us during your stay here in Lafayette, and that you found our staff so helpful. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2010

We travell from California and this was the best hotel we stayed in, clean and quite room very good breakfast and best custommer service great rates.
John Holt

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
#40 of 50 in Lafayette
Ambassador Inn
Ambassador Inn
#5 of 5 in Scott

Been to Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave? Share your experiences!