“Newly renovated!”

Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave
Ranked #44 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in the double bed interior room. The hotel was newly renovated and the rooms have a nice friendly feel to them! The lobby was very spacious and accomedated with 4 vending machines in the back and a breakfast area to the left of the entrance. The staff was very nice and helpful throughout our whole stay. The pool was very clean and fun for kids. At this hotel, you have an option of an exterior or an interior room. An exterior room is acessed by the outside with staircases. The interior rooms ar acessed through the hotel and the staircase. Unfortunately they dont have an elevator even though the hotel is 2 floors. The breakfast was awful, the food was cold and not fresh. Dont even waste your time eating there. There were many places around there to eat like IHOP or Waffle House. Overall it was a decent hotel to stay at!

Room Tip: If you dont like being outside, make sure you get an interior room!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Do not be fooled by the beautifully appointed lobby!!! I swear, this place is an over-priced, filthy pit. We stopped there on April 27, 2012 during a cross-country trip and paid over $100 for the room with two double beds. One of the reasons we stayed there was because it was given the best rating America's Best Value Inns gives their hotels, and if this is the best, I'd hate to see the worse! There was grungy mold all around the tub, the towels were frayed and torn, the carpet was so filthy I had to throw away the socks. Just as an example of what a dump this "Inn" is, there was not a real door jamb on the bathroom door, so they painted one on the wall! The smell was so over-powering....like amonia.

They advertised a "Full, Hot Breakfast" and it consisted of Scrambled eggs, bisquits, gravy, cereal and a toaster to make your own toast. Unfortunately there were no eggs that weren't brown and stuck to the dish, they were out of bisquits, and the coffee tasted like soapy water.

I sent an email to the HQ of America's Best Value Inns, and they sent me a form letter saying they don't "actually" own the hotels, gee, we're sorry you were unhappy and blah, blah, blah too bad for you.

Next time I'll drink a few power drinks and make it to another exit off I-10. This place is truly pathetic. As you know if you read any of my restaurant reviews, I take this stuff seriously and hate to rag on a place, but this hotel in Lafayette, LA. should be checked out by the Sanitation Police. It's REALLY bad and I would not stay at another American's Best Value Inn EVER.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Traveling through Louisiana , have stayed at many affordable hotels. After reading older reviews I was a little skeptical about staying. My stay was MORE THAN PLEASANT the room was in excellent condition, clean, and quiet for being near interstate. The staff was courteous and helpful about places in area,which you dont find often at that price. breakfast was good too. I would reccomend this to any traveler.

Room Tip: I prefer non smoking, indoor entrance
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Was very late when we arrived so my husband and I checked into the hotel, it seemed very nice from the lobby, so I told my husband it was ok, we are here for only 5 hours. We got our key went into the room and I'm thinking its okay. Hubby went to the bathroom and as he was washing his hands out come the roach, I'm thinking okay maybe it's just that one perhaps someone brought it in with them, then I opened the refrigerator and there was two more greeting me as if I had something to eat. Hubby was ticked off because first of all they tried to charge us $79 so I said what about the truckers rate, he said I'll give to you for $56, plus tax. I know I should have left the in rhe beginning, he was like we have an excellent breakfast, I'm thinking it probably has some roaches in it somewhere. Needless to say he gave us our money back because I took pictures with my cell phone to let him know that I was not lying about the roaches....

Room Tip: make sure you have the room checked for roaches
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2011

It's a hotel for a hostal price
We stayed twice at America's Best Value as we made a round-trip in the US. It's a quiet, comfortable and safe hotel right on the very edge of Lafayette and Scott, close to every where (public transportation, city center, museums, etc.). The rooms we stayed in were basic, average size, clean and functional. The bathrooms were kinda fancy with white tiles and huge shower areas. We stayed on the second floor, the windows were facing the carpark. There is a small terrace that will give you a view of Lafayette.
The breakfast/ social room was huge, giving enough space to many travellers who are trying to figure out their travel plans. The breakfast was amazing, probably the best free breakfast. And there was always free coffee :) Also we were able to use the kitchen and utensils in order to prepare fresh fruit salads for snacks.
I have to mention the super helpful staff, who gave us lots of tips and helped out with making phone calls and making sure we wern't missing out on anything.
I would still recommend you look around at other hotels before going here.
Overall, this hotel was our one of the best find place in Lafayette.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2010

On 2 week road trip, booking hotels along the way - trying to save a little money, just a bed for the night. Room smelled like mold, mildew. No hangers in our closet, after much persuading, got the clerk to go find me a few. Bathroom shower OK. No major complaints, have learned you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I found this hotel on tripadvisor and called a few hours before reaching Lafayette to reserve a room. I was told over the phone that I would be given a rate of $52. The attendant was friendly and took my name for our reservation. When we arrived around midnight, weary from the road, we were (not too nicely) told that there was no reservation. I explained that I had called and made a reservation a few hours prior and he just insisted that there was no reservation. Finally I gave up and just asked if there was any availability. He said yes and we would be paying $69 for a room. When I explained that I had definitely called and spoken to someone who had promised a $52 room, the attendant gave me a rate of $59. The room looked great at first, flat screen tv, nice carpet, fancy furniture, but then we noticed the urine and a pubic hair on the toilet seat. next we found ice cream in the freezer and soft drinks and a sandwich in the fridge. (Not ours, obviously, and half-consumed). The renovated rooms would be great if only they were better cleaned! Our room was large(ish) and had a king bed, not bad for sixy-six dollars including tax, but the left-over food and dirty toilet creeped me out.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank applescruff
reciprok8, Director of Sales at Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Dear applescruff,
Thanks to you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on your recent stay with us. Your comments are well taken and have been brought to the attention of our management team and department for correction as soon as possible. We are looking
into the comments regarding our property and hotel here in Lafayette. You can be rest assured that these issues will be dealt with in an appropriate manner and swiftly. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Red Roof Inn Lafayette
#40 of 50 in Lafayette
Ambassador Inn
Ambassador Inn
#5 of 5 in Scott

Been to Motel 6 Lafayette - University Ave? Share your experiences!